Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys!

Yep it is time for my turbo build. This might have come out of no where. lol. Im shooting for a daily driven 300whp. Just like kdmguy used to have his car.. :)

First off here are the goodies!

Garrett T3 super 60 :) (18psi)
Speedfactor Semi-balanced manifold
Full piping and 24x9x3 intercooler
Tigerlily 8.5:1 coated and balanced pistons
60lb Siemens Deka Injectors
Fidanza light weight flywheel (ships out next week)
Clutchnet Stage 3 clutch
Clutchnet heavy duty pressure plate
Full Cry02 system
Fuel bar
Intake bulb
Intercooler sprayer
255lb Walbro Fuel pump
System upgrade 65mm BBTB
Ported and polished IM (by me lol)
HKS ssqv style BOV
38mm Tial wastegate 11.2 psi spring

Still on the list to get
KDM ECU (mail to him)
2.5 Map sensor
Sparkplug wires

Well as you can see there isnt much left on my to get list. I have started on the project a 2 days ago. here is the progress that i have made.
Day 1 Front bumper off, dropped the stock exhaust, disconnected all the wiring, pulled her out! haha

Day 2 Got the tranny off, put her on the engine stand, fully stripped her down.

Day 3 Pulled the Ecu out didnt really get much done at all.. :(
Will load the pix up a little later

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
keep up the good work!! good luck!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the support guys. i didn't get much done today.. just took out the ecu... i was helping my friend troubleshoot his S10 with a 350 in it.... hopefully 2morrow ill make more progress... i get my pistons and rods back 2morrow. so ill be building the bottom end back up. :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im shooting for feb 17th.. my buddies are going to VA beach on the 18th to cruise and what not.. so that give me about 2 1/2 weeks.. cutting it close because i have lots to do.. so i hope 3 weeks and she'll be ready to hit the streets. ill be ordering the last parts this week, when the turbo, fuel pump, and injectors arrive. Ill keep you guys posted!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Gamz

Well this morning i dropped off the stock pistons to get the tigerlily ones pressed on.. ill be picking them up around 2. Then its back home to put the bottom end back together! ill take pics when i can.. <<-- That process kinda slows me down and gets me out of my rhythm haha. wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
don't tap now, look how your charge piping and down pipe would be routed and than.... i personally drilled block after all the discussions and thoughts.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the main thing was i wanted to tap the oil pan, bolt it down and then put the head back on.. because the head wont clear the engine stand, (so i wouldn't be able to rotate it) but i guess i can put the head on and test fit the piping and then tap everything where i cant it to be. then take her off and seal the oil pan good.. ill be doing that when i get off work today.. ill keep you guys posted!

Thanks for the input raven!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update!

Well i have found a spot to tap the oil pan. i had put the head back on a did a test fit. i had a smaller turbo laying around that i could test fit it with... (super 60 still in the mail). Me and my dad had a hard time routing it because of the oil level in the pan and the turbo sitting so low. So tapping the block was out of the question. After about an hour of debate and thinking, we drilled a hole right next to the dip stick on the far left, and im getting a fitting welded in it. Oil return solved. should be getting it back on tues

Finally mounted the battery and the cry02 tank in the trunk and ran the lines to the outside. Had to make like 3 trips to the store to get the right bolts and what not. ill post pics of it when i get home.

Today after work and for the weekend
Going to pull the A pillar off and test fit all the gauges with the new pod. Then ill be wiring up the Air/fuel gauge. Running the boost and nitrous gauge to a central spot on the firewall... have to punch a hole.... kinda scares me.. then run my engine temp and oil pressure gauge to the engine bay.. put everything through "the hole" so its ready when the motor goes in.

All the rest of the parts needed for the build will be ordered today, Remapped Ecu, 2.5 Map sensor, NGK plug wires, all my fittings and silicone hoses Final assembly and dropping the motor back in should happen sometime next week! Cant wait!

ill have pics when the goodies start to arrive!

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Update!

Well i have found a spot to tap the oil pan. i had put the head back on a did a test fit. i had a smaller turbo laying around that i could test fit it with... (super 60 still in the mail). Me and my dad had a hard time routing it because of the oil level in the pan and the turbo sitting so low. So tapping the block was out of the question. After about an hour of debate and thinking, we drilled a hole right next to the dip stick on the far left, and im getting a fitting welded in it. Oil return solved. should be getting it back on tues

Finally mounted the battery and the cry02 tank in the trunk and ran the lines to the outside. Had to make like 3 trips to the store to get the right bolts and what not. ill post pics of it when i get home.

Today after work and for the weekend
Going to pull the A pillar off and test fit all the gauges with the new pod. Then ill be wiring up the Air/fuel gauge. Running the boost and nitrous gauge to a central spot on the firewall... have to punch a hole.... kinda scares me.. then run my engine temp and oil pressure gauge to the engine bay.. put everything through "the hole" so its ready when the motor goes in.

All the rest of the parts needed for the build will be ordered today, Remapped Ecu, 2.5 Map sensor, NGK plug wires, all my fittings and silicone hoses Final assembly and dropping the motor back in should happen sometime next week! Cant wait!

ill have pics when the goodies start to arrive!
You can bypass tapping the firewall by using the gromet that's next to the driver's side door, which you can route up through the front quarter panel and comes out near the battery location.

Are you getting your remapped ECU from SFR? What other products are you getting from them?

Great work man, looking foward to pics.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm thats a good point the grommet.. i used the one on the passenger side.. but the temp gauge is under the radio and isn't long enough to go through all that, so i was just goin to punch a hole somewhere so if i needed to wire something else in the future.

Yes i got the remapped ecu from kdmguy, the 2.5 map and ngk wires. Everything else came from my uncle in FL owner of AAtuning (active autowerke) The turbo, fuel pump, and the siemens 60lb deka injectors. ( he said it was all on the house :) )

Just on a other note, They (aa tuning) were talking to me about doing a reflash for the tib. They say that the BMW also use siemens ECU's and they could crack it, but i would cost me about $1500 do just do it. He laughed at me when i said that we have to disable the vvt on kdm's remap. He said that he would make more power than kdm's ecu because he could tune the vvt, but that is another story.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts