Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's the starting place to troubleshoot why the fan blower for the AC system only blows air when it's on #1 or #2? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
You didn't fill out your profile section, so I don't know what year tib you have. The manual climate control fans have had trouble. Several of them have burned out if the fan switch is set on 4. One member had his fixed 2x, and then the harness replaced, and it still went bad.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Mine was just the actuall switch, very easy to replace. I bought the replacement from lowsonoma.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you still under warrenty?
Negative, warranty is expired. Sorry for not having my signature filled out. The car is 2003 GT with the manual climate control system.

When you say "switch"....what switch are we talking about? The rotary switch for the fan control?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had a problem like this and pulled the middle panel off and looked behind it and saw that some of the wires were touching... I bent them in a way that they weren't touching and it worked again... try that before you spend any $$

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a problem like this and pulled the middle panel off and looked behind it and saw that some of the wires were touching... I bent them in a way that they weren't touching and it worked again... try that before you spend any $$
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that. I also noticed that if I put in on the #3 or #4 settings, and push the knob inwards, the fan comes on at that speed. What's up with that?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Your fan switch is melting! Seriously, pull off the center dash panel and have a look. I'm on my 5th or 6th switch. The good news is that the switch is only abour $30 at the dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your fan switch is melting! Seriously, pull off the center dash panel and have a look. I'm on my 5th or 6th switch. The good news is that the switch is only abour $30 at the dealer.
You were right...the switch was definitely melting. Part is on order.

·
Registered
399 Posts
This is definitily an issue with the blower motor switches. I'm supprised that Hyundai hasn't addressed it. I guess a few fires will have to start before they are willing to do anything about it. Check the wiring and the terminals inside the connector. Make sure there all ok and have good tight connections. If they are black, or the wires are melted you should replace the harness as well. If you don't the new switch will soon melt again.

·
Registered
2004 hyundai tiburon GT 2.7L
2 Posts
I saw a post about the blower switch wires being rewired to work better. Does anyone know where or how to get original Setup wire order in harness wire?? I need it bad please

1 - 15 of 15 Posts