Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who's helped me over the years. This forum has been a wonderful source of information and where I learned everything I needed to know to modify my Tiburon. I'm modding my family now so I need a 4 door for a baby seat. Still wanted something sporty so I went with this.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Wow, brilliant new car. Enjoy the AWD, now is the right time to really appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking great, nice choice!

Any mods in store for the Audi?
There's a honeycomb grille from the RS4 that i'll probably get to get rid of the license place holder. I don't need a front plate in Kansas.

congrats on the new life mods...
Thanks man, that's probably what i'm most excited about. :)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. The S-series is pretty damn nice.

Also congrats on the growing family.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oooo! Nice!!! Kinda funny, just this weekend I sold my Tibby and went back to Audi. I used to have a 2000 S4 2.7t and yesterday I bought a 2001 a6 2.7t..... Once you go sport Audi it just keeps pulling you back... You don't go hang with your friends just so you can buy another coil pack or fix the valve cover gaskets... but you don't care. You just keep coming back... Of course Your's has the 4.2 I'd imagine so you don't have those issues!! haha

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oooo! Nice!!! Kinda funny, just this weekend I sold my Tibby and went back to Audi. I used to have a 2000 S4 2.7t and yesterday I bought a 2001 a6 2.7t..... Once you go sport Audi it just keeps pulling you back... You don't go hang with your friends just so you can buy another coil pack or fix the valve cover gaskets... but you don't care. You just keep coming back... Of course Your's has the 4.2 I'd imagine so you don't have those issues!! haha
supercharged 3.0 v6 actually. 333hp. still though, i'm pretty hooked. keep finding out more and more things on this car. it has more electronics on it then everything in my house combined.

niiiiiice! I bet you can def feel the difference in power too :)
guess he's banned now but yeah this car is a fair bit faster than mine was and AWD is just amazing.

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,687 Posts
Congrats on the S4 and upcoming baby, young maturing man!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Damn, everyone is getting rid of their Tib :( I feel this is the decline of the already halfway dead tib, the car is rounding 10 years old for the popular models.... And I plan to keep mine for 7 years till completely out of college.... I don't think that's gunna happen.

·
Registered
222 Posts
supercharged 3.0 v6 actually. 333hp. still though, i'm pretty hooked. keep finding out more and more things on this car. it has more electronics on it then everything in my house combined.
That's how I'm with mine too! And sorry, I didn't think it was the newer ones haha, have you ever driven the 4.2? Just wondering how they compare.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's how I'm with mine too! And sorry, I didn't think it was the newer ones haha, have you ever driven the 4.2? Just wondering how they compare.
The 4.2 is the bigger v6 they offered in 2009 only right? Haven't driven one of those. I think it was 268hp or something like that right? Or are you talking about the RS4 v8? Relatively new to the Audi game...

·
Registered
222 Posts
No, in the B5's (like mine old one and current a6) they had the 2.7 twin turbo v6 at 250 horse, then in the B6 and B7's they have the 4.2 v8 (339 horse) until the B8's like yours. B5 was 1997-2002, B6 was 2003-2005, B6 was 2005-2008, then yours B9 2009- current.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts