Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

What Saturday date "works best" for you?? **Voting indicated plans to attend**

***~Feeler~ Texas MegaMeet 6***

2K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  TheGreatWhite 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright boys and girls, It's that time and we're looking to the Spring for the next Texas Wide Mega Meet. You know the name of the game...you've seen the action in the videos, and the post if you haven't been there are already. I need to get some good counts and ideas of when people are going to be able to make it. We're going to be shooting for a Sat in March/April so...be sure to indicate on the poll when is best for ya and we'll have to go w/ the majority vote...

And in case you don't know how we roll...check these threads:
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84185
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84612

The location will be the same, Prairie Hill Drag Strip, and we'll probably look at doing the auto-cross again, but that's tentative at the moment. The 1/4 mile will be a given, and hopefully get some sponsor support as well...but we'll have to see...

Right now we're still trying to figure out what the fee will be for entry so we can cover the track costs, but I think we'll probably be in close to the same boat of needing about 30 cars at around $30 (give or take) each.

So....we want to get this organized again for you guys so please let me know either way! I also am open to any other recommendations that you might have for this meet. I know we took advantage of the most we could at the location but if you have some ideas, lets have em!

Lastly, I might need a volunteer or two that is willing to help out a little with the event. If you're interested please shoot me a PM and we'll talk...I'll give ya a better indication of what we might need.

See less See more
#2 ·
You know I am down for another meet! :3_chubby:

#6 ·
#12 ·
Lowz said:
Looks like i got a 5 hour drive waitin for me in march !!!! Im totaly in !!!!!
Hey GrateWhite please let me no the set date a few weeks in advance so i can ask for days off..
thx bro
Don't worry, the date will be set in stone by the end of December.

#13 ·
I voted "any day". And dammit, I'm gonna make SURE no last minute surprises happen this time. I even got a custom fuel rail made to replace the stocker that kept breaking. :3_frusty:

#14 ·
I voted April 14th even though it's way too tough to call right now. I definitely can't go the 7th of April though. We always go to Houston or Dallas to get away for my wife's birthday weekend.

#23 ·
I hope that interest hasn't died on this...but I need to check on one thing...

The AutoCross setup/timming is going to need some help. It was pretty hard getting that set up and running and I'm not sure how clear that are will be come April...so please give me your input on it...seemed only a small few were running the course and it did do a number on a lot of tires...so let me know if you think we should still have it...

#25 ·
and as it stands right now we DO plan on having it again...just need to see if it will be worth the time...

So if we don't have enough interest in doing it and supporting it, we'll probably forgoe the AutoCross...so PLEASE step up if you want to do it so it doesn't get scrached... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.