Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of installing the Zefiro Rhonda front and rear bumper and the GT Tech Type 2 side skirts. Does anyone have any helpful tips on modifying fiberglass such as cutting and/or sanding away extra material? I also need to repair a couple of cracks if anyone has tips or knows of a good web site that talks about stuff like that let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I've only worked with glass x3 now, but had previous experience custom molding my choppers with sheet metal and bondo. I just went on a couple of sites, got some info, and went for it. It's messy as hell, smelly as hell, and sucks sanding. Depending on ths size of your cracks, its' hard to tell. If it's stress carcked or in a support location, sand down the backside enough to lay some new glass behind it to support it, then work the front. My front had a fubar and was missing a lot of pieces. Body shop said it couldn't be fixed, so I figured wtf, nothing to lose. I spread resin in all the cracks to hold it together until I could get ot off, reglassed the backside, layed a few layers on the front, sanded and bondo. I'm sure a guy at a bodyshop that does this day in and day out wouldn't mind, but otherwise it's labor intensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts