Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finally understanding the importance of the injector response time the ECU uses in fuel calculations and how the FIC uses it when it makes changes to the pulse width I think I finally have the Beta II stock injector response time nailed.

I have been making minor adjustments to the FIC's IRT setting and watching what happens to the LTFT with air temperature changes.

I have been using 1215us for about a week and the LTFT has stayed at 0% from air temps of 60 degrees to 92 degrees.

I think that pretty much says the IRT setting is where it should be.

The V6 OEM injectors look the same as the I4 and 1215 may be a good setting for them also, at least a good starting point.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks, larryinkc.

I tried 1215 us on my car. It was previously set at 500 us. Immediately, I noticed a smoother engine operation throughout the RPM range. I always thought it was my tune (I self tuned) that was causing a slight hesitation when I stomped on the gas. My LTFT is currently around +4%. Good enough for now.

You should put all your hints and tips on tuning with the AEM F/IC in a single post. Maybe the mod will make it a sticky.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank's larry I follow you finding's and post religiously keep up the great work! What operating mode do you use for the o2's fixed, percentage, or voltage? This is one of the last thing's I need to order my unit and begin tuning N/A. your a life saver.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the O2 modifier in the offset mode.

For my setup I reduce the O2 voltage by -.4 volts for all boost and start the correction just before boost starts.

I can't offer any help for NA tuning, I just use the NA part of my FIC fuel table to cut the injectors back to stock fuel delivery and let the ECU do it's thing until boost starts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts