Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i have always thought of myself as being a savy person when it comes to car audio. been doing it for about 5-6 years now....but that's just installing audio things, not video.

i have a panasonic hu with the aux outputs in the back. as of right now i have my ipod hooked up to the aux input. now i would like to upgrade to a in dash flip out monitor dvd player.

do the wires on the back of the dvd player hook into that aux input for the sound to come out of the speakers? and is there an aux spliter i could by so i could still listen to my ipod?

and for dvd players i've looked at alpine, panasonic, and kenwood. what would i have to look for in a dvd player to go with what i alraedy have?

thanks guys.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Most in dash screens will have rca inputs (red white and yellow). If you have an ipod video you can use and a/v mini to rca cable to get your sound and video. Some screens have multiple inputs. I like the pioneer avic because of the gps feature. If you're a good installer you can put in the Pioneer AVIC-Z1. If you don't want gps but may in the future try alpine. Hope this answers your questions.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would like to get a flip out along with my hu that i already have. so there will be two in there instead of just the hu. sorry i didn't clarify that one up. i'm just wondering if you hook the dvd flip out hu into the aux inputs on my panasonic hu i already have to make the sound come out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You can get a y adapter but imo you are better off getting a flip out screen (a screen w/o a radio/cd) and have an external dvd player (under the seat or something) use a y adapter or a switch for the audio.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yea... if you want to keep a CD player then just get a flip out Screen and then an external DVD player. Honestly... that Pioneer is nice. The GPS is a fun feature but Alpine, Dual, Pioneer, Insignia, Lansar.... name it and they all pretty much have flip out DVD players that you can hook your IPODs/video games/DVD/CD/SAT radio... you can hook up pretty much anything and everything. Worth the money spent if you ask me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts