Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PICS!!! Finally Finished the system in the back

The back is finally finished. I gave up on getting my first fiberglass sub box back from the guy painting it and built a better one. This time, I used carpet. I also built an amp rack with the mounts from the factory sub. my idea was to have a good sound system with as much room in the hatch as possible.

Here's before....

And After

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
what sub is that?

·
Registered
639 Posts
looks clean.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
looks good.. wish mine looked that clean but i just went with a premade box... i like your FB enclosure though... id like one for each side of my trunk.. since i dont have a stock amp + sub... maybe one day... haha

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
riggs1088 said:
Came out nice. When amp and sub are you using?
Thanks! My system is as follows

Head Unit: Premier 980BT
AMP: Hifonics Zeus ZX6400
Fronts: JL XR Series Components
Rears: stock speakers that are always turned off
Sub: Boston Acoustics Pro Series 12.5LF

My system doesn't hit has hard as some others that have just as much invested as I have, but I always go for sound quality over volume. :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Great job second time around. much better than before.
Very clean too btw

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
b-dirty said:
Thanks! My system is as follows

Head Unit: Premier 980BT
AMP: Hifonics Zeus ZX6400
Fronts: JL XR Series Components
Rears: stock speakers that are always turned off
Sub: Boston Acoustics Pro Series 12.5LF

My system doesn't hit has hard as some others that have just as much invested as I have, but I always go for sound quality over volume. :3_winkthu

Why do you have your rear speakers off?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dandantiburonman said:
Yea... I dunno about not having sound in the backseats... it's my surround sound. I dunno... I'm installing typeR 6x9s and typeR components in the front.
Well, if you have a video setup, then yeah, the back speakers serve a purpose. My system is for music only. The sub should be the only sound comming from the rear of the soundstage whenever you are listening to 2 channel audio. Sub frequencies are less directionally noticable (henc why home theater subs can be put almost anywhere in the room). My head unit has the option to adjust the time delay for front to rear stuff, but it's more of a gimic if you are the only person in the car listening to stereo music. All you should have to wory about is the delay from left to right, not front to rear. Although... many would argue that none of that matters because the car is subject to so much road noise that the imaging is distorted anyways. It's a personal preference more than anything.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha.. I was wondering if anybody would notice that. I made such a mess when sizing up the fiberglass box that my rear floorboard got prety dirty. That stuff is HARD to get out. So I just cut out some extra carpet and laid it over the entire hatch bottom. It makes it look cleaner, as well as blending the carpet on the box with the carpet on the amp rack.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Looks nice !

·
Registered
437 Posts
b-dirty said:
Well, if you have a video setup, then yeah, the back speakers serve a purpose. My system is for music only. The sub should be the only sound comming from the rear of the soundstage whenever you are listening to 2 channel audio. Sub frequencies are less directionally noticable (henc why home theater subs can be put almost anywhere in the room). My head unit has the option to adjust the time delay for front to rear stuff, but it's more of a gimic if you are the only person in the car listening to stereo music. All you should have to wory about is the delay from left to right, not front to rear. Although... many would argue that none of that matters because the car is subject to so much road noise that the imaging is distorted anyways. It's a personal preference more than anything.
+1
No such this as a stereo surroundsound. stereo (CD) is recorded in left and right (not front and back) Even if you wanted to play the 5.1 cds(SACD) or movies you would have to have a decoder. A left and a right speakser upfront provides the most realistic reperduction (IMO). Not to say that good things can't be done with dealay on the rears and center channels it's just like making a stereo sound with a mono signal ;)

p.s. I like the time delay on my fronts ;)

Oh and I like the install ... but why does everybody leave teh stock in there?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts