Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holy **** man 11 hours constant work, and with a lift, i installed my gutted stock manifolds, dude i have so many busted knuckles and scraped hands, i do not ever want to that again, no way in hell will i ever do that LOL. But on a plus side i love it, the car seems to pull past 5k now the drop off isnt as severe as it was and i still kept the main cat, i have not thrown a cel yet.

i took off the upper plenum, it actually wasnt that bad (taking the plenum off that is) and im glad that i did it made things go alot faster i probably wouldnt have finished by the time the shop closed if i didnt

i got some nasty gashes but in the end it was worth it for me, hopefully i will be dyoning at the end of the month, intake/gutted/exhaust

**** this **** lol i dont wanna do that ever again hahah

some key notes

that sepentine belt is a *****
so is that top bolt in the alternator
turning the bolts 1/16th at a time is really annoying

the power drop off isnt as severe now though after 5k and the exhaust note, damn i love it :p and it looks all perfectly stock lol damit now i have the CEL Though thats next on my list to fix

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yeah Lildragon, Omega, and myself put Omegas on in my driveway so i know what you mean lol. We didnt have a lift just jacks and stands. We got it done in about 8 hours do to delays as in beer runs, broken socket and had to go to sears to exchange, beer run, lunch, oh yeah..beer run, and had to go to lowes for something idk. We hated it yet cant wait to do it again lol.

·
Registered
981 Posts
lol my brothers friends installed my headers for me, it took us 6 hours non stop, as soon as he got from under neath the car and finished, he stood up and said" f*** u , u piece of shet" to the car of course as if he just had a 6 hour battle with it

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol thats exactly what i said, the worst part is they arent even real headers just my gutted stockers so that if a cop pops my hood he cant say wtf is that ****

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will let u know the gains im going to get a dyno probably on the 28th so Intake/gutted/exhaust we will see what i gained, but i didnt just gut them i polished the inside out :p but man that was a pain

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
FYI,
Removing the stockers sucks. Reinstalling real headers is alot easier because you have a lot more space with the new headers. Reaching all of the bolts is soo much easier.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
it did suck. we did 2 header and exhaust install in 13 hrs in a parking lot on jack stands, 2 people and a 3rd one about halfway through showed up

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
what's so tough about the serpentine belt?

i could probably switch the serpentine belt in 10 minutes....

and i hope it was worth all that work for gutted stockers....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yeah i didnt find the belt hard, move then tention and pull the belt off the pulley

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its hard to put on at 9pm at night from the top of the car

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol im paying to have a clutch done i do NOT wanna drop my tranny and crap nor do i have the time LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed my DC sport headers last week and it took me about 4.5 hours with a lift, and no help. but i won't do it again anytime soon, it really sucks getting the rear manifold out. Yesterday i installed my Borla catback in about an hour with a few smoke breaks and a soda break. sounds great, nice low rumble.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
The clutch is easy after ya do it once ...dropping the subframe outta the way and bang!..yer done, course it helps to have a engine support tool also:)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts