Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
dsm fun! UPDATE 12-30-06

so my buddy offered me a dsm and the for the price i just couldnt refuse
only problem is i need to finish the 6bolt swap which is really easy sh*t. funny stroy behind all this....

my buddy bought the car off some kid for 6500, he fell inlove with it, drove it to his house from the shop where he met up with the kid, his house is 2 blocks from the shop, then he drove it from there to get it insured which is about 3 miles away, half a mile from the insurance company he throw a rod through the side of the block (pics below). well my buddy had it towed to the shop. well my buddy couldnt afford to have it repaired so after 2 months of the car sitting at the shop he offered it to me and so i bought it for 2300 :3_koning:

well here are the specs on the car

95 eaglon talon tsi awd
6bolt swap
fp ported and clipped evoIII BIG 16g
denso 720cc injectors
walbro 255
17" rota subzero wheels painted bronze
HUGE 30"x12"x3" fmic with super short route piping.
rear and front sway bars
dsmlink
tokico 5 way adjustable struts
eibach prokit...1.7" drop
35psi CF boost gauge
electric FP CF gauge
full 3" t-back...custom dp and thermal R&D catback
ported evo 3 exhaust mani
ported 2g o2 housing
symbrowski shift kit
greddy trust counterweighted shift knob
cross drilled and slotted rotors
hks type 1 turbo timer

well so the 6bolt engine that was included had a little surprise waiting for me lol good thing i decided to tear it down before dropping it in...well the number 3 piston ring land was completely destroyed (pics below)

pics of the car that the previous owner took

this is what happened to the 7bolt engine

this is the destroyed ring land from the 6bolt engine

and a couple random pics from the stuff in my garage

in the next couple weeks i will be getting some pauter x-beam rods and weisco pistons 8.3:1
and then i dont know a lot other sutff lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
720 injectors huh.......christ those are big. I was running twin turbos on a 3.0L 6cyl and only ran 550's and i never had any issues. When we installed the DR650's right before it was sold, THEN we upgraded into the 600's

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BoostRichter9 said:
720 injectors huh.......christ those are big. I was running twin turbos on a 3.0L 6cyl and only ran 550's and i never had any issues. When we installed the DR650's right before it was sold, THEN we upgraded into the 600's
yea but you had 6 cyclinders in total you were dumping 3300cc of fuel, with my 720s i only have 4 cylinders and am only dumping 2880 cc of fuel.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
kliped said:
yea but you had 6 cyclinders in total you were dumping 3300cc of fuel, with my 720s i only have 4 cylinders and am only dumping 2880 cc of fuel.

point taken. I miss a 3.0? lol

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice. I'm gonna be looking for a 1G gsx pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Damn you stole my car. No worries, I still plan on getting a 2g DSM with 6 bolt swap, a starion, a Galant VR4, and an Evolution RS 5 speed, all in the near future, as I'm pretty much headed into a decent amount of money

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
BoostRichter9 said:
I had 880s on my 1G DSM, of course I was running a bullseye 57 Trim turbo, and tuned it with DSM link. BTW, make sure you get rid of the balance shafts if possible. If you need a kit, I have one in the garage that I will let go of. If you want to run cams, I suggest the DKS series from ffwdconnection.com. Its basically a copy of the HKS 272 cams, but are much more friendly on your wallet.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
maynard said:
I had 880s on my 1G DSM, of course I was running a bullseye 57 Trim turbo, and tuned it with DSM link. BTW, make sure you get rid of the balance shafts if possible. If you need a kit, I have one in the garage that I will let go of. If you want to run cams, I suggest the DKS series from ffwdconnection.com. Its basically a copy of the HKS 272 cams, but are much more friendly on your wallet.
how much are you lookin to get rid of the kit for? and who is the kit made by, slow boy?
and im hopefully gonna be picking up a race head tomorrow.

stg 4 port job
cryoed
crower 280 cams
ferrea 1mm over titanium valves with titanium retainers and crower springs.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
yup...slowboy. I'll let it go for $30 if that is reasonable. It's still in the package, too. I ordered one from slowboy when I ordered all my internals and turbo setup, but they sent me two instead of one. It's still in the garage. Send me a pm and we can work something out.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOOT picked up some goodies today

pauter X-beam rods (specs below)

E4340 vacuum melt chrome moly forging – CNC machined

Heat-treated to Rockwell C36; full coverage shotpeened; end-to-end balanced in sets.

Pauter 220k psi tensile strength MSP220 steel, J-formed, rolled thread racing rod bolts (standard.)

Aluminum-bronze wrist pin bushings (standard.) EDM pressure-fed oiling to pin

Pauter rods are rated so high because, the simple X Beam design completely eliminates thin and non-uniform cross sections over the total length of the beam. This feature greatly improves resistance to crack-induced metal fatigue. In addition, the non-tapered profile of the beam helps to spread potentially harmful stress over a larger area, dispersing instead of concentrating these destructive loads.
an unmalasted 6bolt engine block
a good 6bolt head
and a good 6bolt crank

RODS

engine and head

AND some quick wet pics of the car

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.