Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the first TS was damaged during shipment, the second one, weeks later made it to it's new home. I adjusted the latch and and ran it up to 105mph and it never wobbled, but I guess the vented ones don't have that much turbulence.

·
Registered
986 Posts
lookin sexy! im a fan of an all blacked out car though lol. looks like a great quality CF too

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Weren't you doing a cowl hood project?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Sooo nice! Can't wait till the spring time when I plan on getting mine...

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
gsxtuner said:
lookin sexy! im a fan of an all blacked out car though lol. looks like a great quality CF too
Thanks, Seibon uses one sheet to do the entire hood, an oem type latch bar, and a support skeleton. My black tail lights are supposed to be here by Friday.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
crowebar said:
Yup our hood rocks man, I have got mine up to 118 and it didnt wooble either.
I stopped at 105 because I'm on Essenzas (Goodyear made) tires that came with my wheels, and they aren't rated for what I used to do on my last tires. Maybe you can enlighten me. I guess I was misinformed, but I was told that the TS had vent hole caps/covers you could remove? Mine just has mesh.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
how hard was the install? Did you run into any problems after you finally got it?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MrPhotoman said:
How much for the cowl hood and how did it turn out? is it nice and straight?
It's straight, and turned out fine. Left it black primer. Was supposed to get $250 for it. I'll let any of the track nuts have it for $150 just to get it out of the garage. 3" rise. I mounted it the right way; one layer of glass between the scoop and the hood, extra rivets all the way around, molded with fiberglass, and very, very little bondo so it won't crack.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
speedy said:
how hard was the install? Did you run into any problems after you finally got it?
I had filed and dremeled the bottom of the 4 holes in the latch to slide it up high enough to secure it tightly w/o stressing the hood. I'm using one stock hood shock for now until I replace them with 15-20lb shocks. That's about it.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
Damn nice hood, Herb. Lookin sharp as always.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
I'm around ;).

I'll be in Jax this week from W-Sun for Thanksgiving, and again for winter break December 9th through January 9th(?).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts