Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealership yesterday, we talked, we searched, we bargained, and I walked out of there with a deal for an '06 GT 5speed in Regatta Blue.
I'm friggin psyched.
This is my first brand new car and the first that I have financed on my own (well, with the wife ofcourse).
The only thing that sucks is I can't pick it up until next weekend :3_frown: . It's going to be a long week.
And no need to tell me about the mod bug...it bit me months ago without me even owning a car yet. I have tinted tails, T-badges, Staws aggressive eyelines, Angel Eyes, and hopefully headers on the way...all waiting for my new toy.
Like I said, it's going to be one hell of a long week for me.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
damn u dont even have it but u got the mods ready?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:3_yes:
I'm an impatient bastard aren't I?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
keep ur eye open on this site's for sale section. got most all my parts from there except CAI, hood and short antenna... Who knows i might be selling my stuff really soon

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealer did have me test drive an '07 because they didn't have any other 5speeds on the lot. While the interior was quite nice with the new color gauges and all, the exterior styling just didn't "bump and grind" me, you know?
The '06 was the only option in my mind.
As the for sale section goes, I make it a poignant daily stop. Even though my wife thinks I spend to much time on this site, it's kind of like my own informational nirvana.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah yes, the color confusion.
Well, when I was searching for my car I had it in my head that I wanted the Moonlit Blue; henceforth the sig.
However, once I actually got to the dealership and they did an inventory search, they could only find nine 5speeds in the area, only one of which was blue: Regatta Blue.
I even asked them about it, how an 06 (which only came in Moonlit Blue to my knowledge) was being called Regatta Blue.
Apparently my car was manufactured late in the last quarter of production around when the '07's were being started. The color Regatta Blue was introduced at the same time so instead of continuing with the Moonlit color, some of the last '06's were shipped with the Regatta Blue instead.
That being the case, I need to go edit my sig :3_wink:

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Nice, congrats!!

I actually had eyelines before I had my Tib, but they were made for the '03-'04 headlights and I got an '05, so I sold them and haven't gotten any new ones. Not sure if I will.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so How much did you pay for it.
Price with the $1000 rebate came just over $18000
I'll be paying just slightly over what I am on my current car, which is pretty sweet.
I generally pay over the required amount though; that way it'll be payed off just that much quicker.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.