Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just got a 2001 beater tiburon off of Facebook for $500 with hopes to either fix it up and sell it or make it my daily driver. Problem is, the people I got it from cut the cats off, including the one in the exhaust manifold. They did a horrible job and as a result I’m gonna need a whole new exhaust manifold, cat, pipe, the whole nine yards. They didn’t even bother to just unbolt it! I was wondering if I could get one off of an old accent/Elantra etc since tiburons are few and far between where I live, or if I’m just gonna have to pay up and buy a replacement online. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Beater pictured below

·
Registered
271 Posts
At this point I'd just get an aftermarket header and no cats. Because if you go through the trouble of getting all new OEM-grade components...well let's just say it wouldn't be worth it for a $500 beater.

As I said, aftermarket header is probably the way to go which you might still be able to find online. Perhaps an OBX set.
But yes, any Hyundai with the Beta 1 or Beta 2 engine shares the same exhaust manifold setup (to an extent besides the flexpipe which may vary in length depending on car/year).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At this point I'd just get an aftermarket header and no cats. Because if you go through the trouble of getting all new OEM-grade components...well let's just say it wouldn't be worth it for a $500 beater.

As I said, aftermarket header is probably the way to go which you might still be able to find online. Perhaps an OBX set.
But yes, any Hyundai with the Beta 1 or Beta 2 engine shares the same exhaust manifold setup (to an extent besides the flexpipe which may vary in length depending on car/year).
Thanks for the reply! I’m sure other people don’t wanna bother answering my dumbass questions haha. I ended up ordering an OBX header and saving some money! I’m sure my neighbors will appreciate that 😬

1 - 4 of 4 Posts