Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

FlexFuel AEM FIC 2003 2.0 Success

400 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  E85M62 
#1 ·
My ECM is dated as K 17.05.02/3 it's a SIMK41 with vertical code NO3G and the sticker at the harness connections is G3 - the side has a sticker with K12. I say this because I have no idea if this is the 2 or 4 bit ECM lol. Either way, I worked through my tune on the AEM FI/C - 6 and I have great results. My SC is the M62 with a clutch drive off a Mercedes C230 Kompressor 2.3l. A car IMO that is very conservative with the output of this little roots style beast. I only have 21ish PSIA from it (6-7 psi boost), but it's fun. I really want to get more boost, so I should probably fix all the leaks I found today. This was my first day taking the tib out with all the recent upgrades on a 25 mile hike to work and then 25 more home.

My stock MAP sensor settings on the FIC - I had to clamp in setup as - load MAF (not MAP - which means the built in MAP sensor for the FIC) / Mode is set to percent / max voltage clamp is 4. Yes, 4...not 4.4...not 4.5...not 4.3. My particular Tiburon sees 29 inHg on the OBDII scanner at 4 volts. 4.1 volts even equals 30.5 inHg. No good.

My O2 settings, thanks to larryinkc is set to - Load MAP / Mode Offset / Period 200ms / start delay 0 / max voltage on both O2 sensors is 1.01 and lo voltage is 0. Although, I am considering changing the "lo" to .1 to see if that helps the hesitation I see sometimes when I just punch it and get over 5,500. Not a bad hesitation...but it's there. I also am going to add a "sparkplug defouler" to my downstream O2 so I can fix the issue where even off boost I don't see the bounce to lower voltages. Seeing a rich condition telling the ECM there's a problem with the cat and messing with my LTFT over time.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.