Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so christmas is fast approaching and for me that means car stuff. Right now im thinkin about getting a new flip out headunit. i think it would look cool and i would actually use it. i found a couple on line and need some advise. My parents are not going to spend 1000 bux on one thing and i really dont want them too so i was wondering about the cheaper ones. i foundthis one at sonic electronics, is it any good. any other suggestions would be great, thanx

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
I would go with ebay over that man. I just paid $800 for the kenwood 25th anniversery one, which is a damn nice unit. The pyle isn't all that great, and you'll get more options from a better brand.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
READY2PLAY said:
I would go with ebay over that man. I just paid $800 for the kenwood 25th anniversery one, which is a damn nice unit. The pyle isn't all that great, and you'll get more options from a better brand.
i think 800 is a bit much for me and my parents,i'll keep searching tho. i think i need a better job.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
lol. want to joing the army? I can hook you up ;) That was just what I paid for mine. Take a gander at ebay and see what you can find :)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
READY2PLAY said:
lol. want to joing the army? I can hook you up ;) That was just what I paid for mine. Take a gander at ebay and see what you can find :)
ya i read the COTM thing lol. i dont think my mom would like it if i joined the army, she doesnt even want me to go away to college lol. i guess i'll take a look at ebay and see wut they got.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
05iontib said:
ya i read the COTM thing lol. i dont think my mom would like it if i joined the army, she doesnt even want me to go away to college lol. i guess i'll take a look at ebay and see wut they got.
you and me have soo much in common...lol.....anyways.....look up jensen...i heard those flip outs are pretty decent......they'er not the best out there....but for the price...i heard they were top notch....ilke 350-400 bucks.....touchscreen also.....someone on here posted a link to the site before....but not sure where exactly it is...try a search......or if u wanna go bigger brand......look on ebay for good deals as stated above...but you'll pay like 200 more..

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seedweed23 said:
you and me have soo much in common...lol.....anyways.....look up jensen...i heard those flip outs are pretty decent......they'er not the best out there....but for the price...i heard they were top notch....ilke 350-400 bucks.....touchscreen also.....someone on here posted a link to the site before....but not sure where exactly it is...try a search......or if u wanna go bigger brand......look on ebay for good deals as stated above...but you'll pay like 200 more..
ya i need to move out or something cuz all my friends went away and it sux, atleast i got my car. Ya i saw some jensen ones to that were cheaper so i'll check those out too. thanx

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
check out parts for sale forum.....there's someone sellinga jensen dvd flip out.......310shipped.....awesome dealll..but that one's not touch screen...

·
Registered
673 Posts
all I can say is ...

Don't do it, it is a trick, get an axe.
not trying to knock you on this but,
Pyle equipment is by no means quality equipment. You may pay 450 now,but in a month it will go out and you will be out another 450.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1jWNwwCH8Ik/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=168550&I=020VRX765

this would be more worth the money spent honestly. it is a touch higher priced, but at least it is a name brand and coming from a reputable dealer.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
cycon82 said:
all I can say is ...

Pyle equipment is by no means quality equipment. You may pay 450 now,but in a month it will go out and you will be out another 450.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1jWNwwCH8Ik/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=168550&I=020VRX765

this would be more worth the money spent honestly. it is a touch higher priced, but at least it is a name brand and coming from a reputable dealer.
yeah......this guy knows what he's talking about...he nkows his stuff...he's got a kickass sound system....i wanna hear it in person....i never got a chance to call you man....lol...

edit, you should give me a ring..next time you're free and in the area....act...u live in south austin...ur pretty much always in the area...lol....

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cycon82 said:
all I can say is ...

ya i was lookin at that one too, i'll see wut my dollar limit is and i'll take it from their.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
seedweed23 said:
check out parts for sale forum.....there's someone sellinga jensen dvd flip out.......310shipped.....awesome dealll..but that one's not touch screen...
Thats what I did. I got my Jensen VMA 9410 flip-out DVD player for $250. Its a decent HU for the money.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Streetshark2003 said:
Thats what I did. I got my Jensen VMA 9410 flip-out DVD player for $250. Its a decent HU for the money.
how's the picture quality on that?...

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
seedweed23 said:
how's the picture quality on that?...
I cant really say, since I haven't seen the quality on more expensive units...but it is pretty good for the price I paid.

·
Banned
248 Posts
this is a newbish question but i know nothing about car video....i was also thinking about buying a flip out but what takes up the extra space in the dash...or does it fill up the whole space?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tiburon8807 said:
this is a newbish question but i know nothing about car video....i was also thinking about buying a flip out but what takes up the extra space in the dash...or does it fill up the whole space?
ya id like to know this aswell. hey we have the exact same mods,and same color. but i have an 05 cool

·
Banned
248 Posts
if there is gonna be a hole would there be a way to just mount a screen into that spot?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Most flip-out monitors are single dins. The stock unit is a double din( i think...heh) so you have space left over, but they normally come with a holder to fill up the space. Either one that can hold cd's or just like a cubby slot. BTW I have a jensen and i would say for the money it's excellent and the video quality is better then some of the high dollar ones i've seen. Never had a problem with it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts