Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the clutch master flywheel have the same fit problems as the Fidanza flywheels? (HY3/HY5).

My tib was manufactured Nov 9, 2001... However Ultrarev said I should still go for the HY5. But if the clutchmaster one has no fit problems I'll get that because obviously the clutchmaster clutch and flywheel will work with eachother.

·
Banned
456 Posts
I called CM myself yesterday because i'm having LOTS of problems finding a setup that will fit. I asked if they have two different FW's for our cars cause the some early build date tibs need a different one. The guy at clutchmasters told me "According to the catalog this should fit all 03's" With that being said its probobly just like the HY5 as far as where the teeth on the outside line up. I will have a for sure answer for you on this tomorrow as it is being overnighted to me. Good luck sir. I hope you get through this as painless as possible!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Please do let me know tomorrow, because I am about ready to order it before it goes really bad and hurts something else down the line.

What was your manufacture date? Mine was Nov 9, 2001

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to Ray at Ultra Rev, and he seems to think the CM only made the one flywheel which is similar to the HY5.. He also said the early HY3's did not work with sprung clutches, however now they do.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I talked to Ray at Ultra Rev, and he seems to think the CM only made the one flywheel which is similar to the HY5.. He also said the early HY3's did not work with sprung clutches, however now they do.
That's what they explained to me also. They said the earlier ones (about 2 years ago) had fitment problems with sprung hubs, but that has long since been corrected.

·
Banned
456 Posts
This is untrue unless they shipped me the old version of HY3. The cut out in the center of the HY3 isnt big enough for the sprung disk to mate with it right. The springs hit the FW which keeps the disk about a half inch off the FW. When I called UltraRev, after i had my parts here, He said oh yeah, you cant use a sprung hub with the HY3. This was yesterday morning when i dropped the HY3 i had just got off at the shop, and once again wrong setup.... Tomorrow i have an unsprung CM disk should be here before noon and the CM fw should be here sometime after that, i didnt do am shipping on that part. The Pressure plate for CMstg1 fits HY3 fine just the spung disk didn't. I will def. update you on which setup works for me if i ever figure it out haha

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The manufacturer even told me the HY3 fits sprung discs, its possible you got one of the old ones, the guy from Ultra Rev said they just shipped 50 of them back to the manufacturer. What stage clutch were you using? I was gonna use the CM3.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The difference between the HY3 and HY5 is the offset from the block. Not wether or not it fits a sprung disc or not. this will all depend on the clutch manufacturor.

Also if you need an HY3 let me know I'l sell it to you cheap just in case

1 - 8 of 8 Posts