Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am under the impression that you have a 6 cylinder, but I am pretty sure that they are returnless style fuel system, so you would need to convert to a return style in order to use that I believe. For example tap out of your fuel rail, and run a fuel line leading to the FMU, then from the FMU a line that leads back to your gas tank (just drill/tap out a hole, then screw in a barb, or A/N fitting). Is this right?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nooo i have a 4 that im turboing im buying all the components and need to figure out what to do about the injectors

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ok lol I get it now, nevermind about the 6 cylinder thing...

Anyways yeah same situation pretty much, just need to pull out that plug at the end of the fuel rail and thats where you attach the rest of the fuel system to...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
instead of doing that could i just put 240 or 290cc injectors in?? if i do the injectors do i just put them in or does something have to change

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
NadaV6 said:
instead of doing that could i just put 240 or 290cc injectors in?? if i do the injectors do i just put them in or does something have to change
You need some way of controlling them. Your stock ECU will just act as if everything is normal, and provide the usual voltage to your injectors. With a higher flow injector, you're going to flood your engine. When I installed my Alpine kit, I installed the 290 cc/min injectors first before anything else, and started it up, just to see what happened...., and it ran like somplete crap. Barely idled. You need electronic control over the injector pulse signals with some sort of programmable ECU.

-BRR

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just orderd my FMU and got my BOV im getting my intercooler and my waste gate tomrorw then i hsould have everything i need besides pipeing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts