Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a new head unit, and the button functioned normally for the last few days...
Until last night when I noticed it wasn't on... My fog lights turn on and off like normal, just no green light on the button when I turn them on.... whats up with that?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
597 Posts
hummm seems like a common problem...mines the same way

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
There are two bulbs in the foglight switch. The one that lights up the red foglight icon, and the one for the green on/off indicator. The bulb just burned out. The fact that it went out after installing your headunit was probably coincidental. You could have bumped the switch just hard enough to make it go....or like I said, it just happened to go because that was its time.

My suggestion...try to find the whole foglight switch for cheap, or go to a junkyard and just grab a bunch of the tiny bulbs that will work. They come from foglight switches, hazard switch, ac controls, radio, etc. You will have better luck finding matching bulbs from newer hyundais...2000 and up.

They DO sell these new at the dealership...I've heard they're anywhere from $15-30 a pop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts