Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the DIY post but this is a quick way i found to make your fog lights a lot brighter. I just hope the pictures all worked. First you need to remove your fogs from the car. The best way to do so was to remove both headlights, this will open a nice cavity for you to get you hand in to reach the 3 screws the hold them in. To help remove the screws i used a adapter on a 1/4ratches with a philips head to reach the angle. Once you have them removed there are 4 screws on the back of the light. Take them out. This will make the fog fall into two halfs. Now on the side that has the glass you will see one chrome screw that holds the refractor in. Remove that screw as well we want that refractor. Looking at the refractor you can see its not very shinny. So what this DIY is about is making that refractor a mirror like surface. Its simple science that a shinny surface reflects light much more than a surface thats not. The way a projection light works is threw reflection. But once you have that polished just reverse the steps and install. The way i polished mine was using a dremel and various polishing bits. I hope this works for you cause i noticed a WHOLE lot of differance when i put them back in. It also wouldn't hurt to clean the inside of the glass as well. Good luck and thanks for reading

Attachments

·
Banned
142 Posts
Re: DIY quick way to make fogs brighter

That and you could upgrade them to HID's for less time and since your time is worth money, it would cost less as well. But still a good thing to do I say as long as your in there.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Great DIY on polishing your fog lights. Be advised that the unpolished reflector's purpose is to send out diffused light, which is supposedly better in a foggy situation. By polishing that reflector, you have negated that purpose.

Personally, I think brighter works better in the fog.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I myself am upgrading to the HID but this was a short time job to do inside while its cold here.. but when i do get the HID it will be even brighter. and ya i know about the fog thing thats why i have the Yellow lights.. they cut threw the fog.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

interesting idea, but a 55w HID kit would be more suffecient i would assume

but again great idea for those who need ot have it done a quick polish thanks

·
Registered
2,304 Posts

Just a couple of things: 1) Please realize the difference between threw and through 2) I'm 99% sure you mean shiny, not shinny.

Other than that, interesting idea.......

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: DIY: Making Fogs Brighter

Your fog lights seem different than mine...
Does anyone know if it's the same thing on a 2004?
The housings are different, the process is probably the same though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts