Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Garmin Geko GPS that I purchased, but never got to use - it's not a roadway GPS unit, rather a personal GPS unit that stores waypoints...if you're a hiker or perhaps out and about and want to keep track of where you are relative to a certain point, this would be a handy device for you.

The unit comes with it's accompanying manual. I paid $100 for it, am willing to sell for $50 obo.

Here are a few pics of it...along w/ a pic of it next to my mouse for you to get an idea as to it's size.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?...............anyone?...............

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
riggs1088 said:
What features does it have or does it just give position like lat and long?
it can give you coordinates, but essentially, it plots your position relative to a "home" base. For instance, you can assign a specific location as "home", then...say if you're hiking, you can see your position relative to the "home" point. You can also flag other waypoints along your way. You can also set a breadcrumb mode where it tracks your movement so that you can follow the same path back to your destination/point of origin. It also has a GPS-driven compass which also shows your speed, etc.

You can do a search on Garmin.com or google the unit for more stats. I never did get to use it to it's potential - I pretty much bought it and let it sit in a box. If you're a hiker, it's a nice tool to have. I would imagine if you're in a park or something, you can flag your origin and walk around and know where you're at. Which gives me an idea...if you park the Tib in a huge parking lot...you can plot where you park it, head out and be able to find it in the sea of cars...just a thought.

Anyways, check it out online and if you're interested let me know - i'm letting it go for $40.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts