Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trust me on this one when I say, it sucks....i have been cutting and welding and bending my own pipes all damn day today, using a MIG welder and a sawzall.....it did save me around 250 bucks though. :)

I switched out my OBX single exhaust that came out on the drivers side for a single magnaflow that comes out on the passenger side. hopefully this will sound ten times better. I still have 1 hanger left to weld up, and then I will post up pics for all to see ;)

Phlash

·
Registered
898 Posts
phlash said:
Trust me on this one when I say, it sucks....i have been cutting and welding and bending my own pipes all damn day today, using a MIG welder and a sawzall.....it did save me around 250 bucks though. :)

I switched out my OBX single exhaust that came out on the drivers side for a single magnaflow that comes out on the drivers side. hopefully this will sound ten times better. I still have 1 hanger left to weld up, and then I will post up pics for all to see ;)

Phlash
Did you do this at your house? I read up about people making homemade full exhaust. I wouldn't be able to use one of those MAP Gas portable torches would I?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DarkSouledSRT said:
Did you do this at your house? I read up about people making homemade full exhaust. I wouldn't be able to use one of those MAP Gas portable torches would I?
no i used a 120 dollar MIG gasless flux core wire feed welder from harbor freight :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
i wish i had my own mig :(

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LiquidFireTibby said:
i wish i had my own mig :(
120 dollars and it shall be yours :) best 120 bucks i have spent so far...its so fun to be able to freaking weld at my own house...DAMN I RULE!

·
Registered
898 Posts
phlash said:
120 dollars and it shall be yours :) best 120 bucks i have spent so far...its so fun to be able to freaking weld at my own house...DAMN I RULE!
120? Thats it? All I have to do then is get the measurements for cuts and stuff and I'll be good.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe even a sound clip or two...who knows...im feeling fiesty tonight...and yes, the satisfaction of doing it yourself is priceless......I could have went and bought it and installed it(a cat back exhaust) I used to say "everything done to the car mod wise, ive done myself, except the exhaust" now I can say. EVERYTHING done to my car I have done myself.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Magnaflow FTW !!
I bet the sound is great in a low deep tone.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
actually its still louder than hell and still freaking buzzes...i need a high flow cat

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
where do you get your mandrel bent pipe?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.