Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trust me on this one when I say, it sucks....i have been cutting and welding and bending my own pipes all damn day today, using a MIG welder and a sawzall.....it did save me around 250 bucks though. :)

I switched out my OBX single exhaust that came out on the drivers side for a single magnaflow that comes out on the passenger side. hopefully this will sound ten times better. I still have 1 hanger left to weld up, and then I will post up pics for all to see ;)

Phlash

·
Registered
898 Posts
phlash said:
Trust me on this one when I say, it sucks....i have been cutting and welding and bending my own pipes all damn day today, using a MIG welder and a sawzall.....it did save me around 250 bucks though. :)

I switched out my OBX single exhaust that came out on the drivers side for a single magnaflow that comes out on the drivers side. hopefully this will sound ten times better. I still have 1 hanger left to weld up, and then I will post up pics for all to see ;)

Phlash
Did you do this at your house? I read up about people making homemade full exhaust. I wouldn't be able to use one of those MAP Gas portable torches would I?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DarkSouledSRT said:
Did you do this at your house? I read up about people making homemade full exhaust. I wouldn't be able to use one of those MAP Gas portable torches would I?
no i used a 120 dollar MIG gasless flux core wire feed welder from harbor freight :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
i wish i had my own mig :(

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and yes i did it in my garage :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LiquidFireTibby said:
i wish i had my own mig :(
120 dollars and it shall be yours :) best 120 bucks i have spent so far...its so fun to be able to freaking weld at my own house...DAMN I RULE!

·
Registered
898 Posts
phlash said:
120 dollars and it shall be yours :) best 120 bucks i have spent so far...its so fun to be able to freaking weld at my own house...DAMN I RULE!
120? Thats it? All I have to do then is get the measurements for cuts and stuff and I'll be good.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yeah, it's not too bad with the right tools. The main thing is the satisfaction you get by building your own stuff. By the way, do you have any pictures, phlash?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pictures will be coming chaf!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe even a sound clip or two...who knows...im feeling fiesty tonight...and yes, the satisfaction of doing it yourself is priceless......I could have went and bought it and installed it(a cat back exhaust) I used to say "everything done to the car mod wise, ive done myself, except the exhaust" now I can say. EVERYTHING done to my car I have done myself.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Magnaflow FTW !!
I bet the sound is great in a low deep tone.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
actually its still louder than hell and still freaking buzzes...i need a high flow cat

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
lol that what we do for our 3" exhaust

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
where do you get your mandrel bent pipe?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts