Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if im trying to break 200whp will i be spending more money being N/A then F/I? If thats the case, i plan on buying a alpine stg0 or 1 because of the CARB tag =] but i got a few questions...I currently have an intake and exhaust. Will getting the stg 0 be worse for my car because theirs no cooling system? It's a reasonable price but i also want my engine lasting over 50,000 miles (currently at 10,000) Anyone with stg 0 still running well? What else would i be needing when i get the alpine s/c?

i just dont wanna be in a hassle buying all these other things like fuel tuners etc. Can i just run the s/c intake and exhaust itself?

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
you'll spend alot more going n/a cause of how many internal parts you'll need to get to the 200whp and over mark....if you go f/i it'll be alot cheaper and you get that nice little whine if you go s/c route.....and yes you can go s/c, intake, and exhaust without a fueltuner.....I've done it already

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
tibboy2003 said:
you'll spend alot more going n/a cause of how many internal parts you'll need to get to the 200whp and over mark....if you go f/i it'll be alot cheaper and you get that nice little whine if you go s/c route.....and yes you can go s/c, intake, and exhaust without a fueltuner.....I've done it already
...............thats ******* stupid to go FI with out a fueltuner or a ECU reflash

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
tex2678 said:
...............thats ******* stupid to go FI with out a fueltuner or a ECU reflash

Why is it stupid? That's what the STG0 is meant for?

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
FI provide better bang for buck. NA would be cheaper IMO. Depends though. Theres a couple used alpines selling for 1500 recently. While my buying expierence-
NEXTGENStage 4-600
MB-245
Injen SRI-160
MBRP Catback-275.

Then just crower cams(375) and headers(ssa-around 250), then you'll be looking at 200whp. Heck Malogus got that without the stg. 4 even

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So fosho ill be fine with intake,exhaust,S/C? Anything else ill be needing or need to know about? thanks

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
FI provide better bang for buck. NA would be cheaper IMO. Depends though. Theres a couple used alpines selling for 1500 recently. While my buying expierence-
NEXTGENStage 4-600
MB-245
Injen SRI-160
MBRP Catback-275.

Then just crower cams(375) and headers(ssa-around 250), then you'll be looking at 200whp. Heck Malogus got that without the stg. 4 even
Yeah I have spent under $3000 for ALL my performance mods:
Intake - $150
Headers - $225
Exhaust - $4-500
Cams - $400
Fuel Tuner - $250
UD Puller - $100
Stage 4 IM - $600

Total: $2225ish

Now that doesn't include clutch, flywheel, LSD because that you would supposedly get regardless of NA of F/I. And you could still break 200 whp without the stage4, which brings you to about $1625. I also didnt include the hundreds of dollars of dyno time that I have incurred, as if you did it right you would only need one tune, and you should be doing that regardless of NA of F/I

·
Registered
226 Posts
I honestly thought that the V6 Tib was fairly close to 200WHP after you did I/H/E and you chipped it

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Glavius said:
I honestly thought that the V6 Tib was fairly close to 200WHP after you did I/H/E and you chipped it
Its a good start I/H/E+Mafterburner then later on S/C it sweeet......**coughsnipercough**

·
Registered
837 Posts
sahn said:
So fosho ill be fine with intake,exhaust,S/C? Anything else ill be needing or need to know about? thanks
Motormounts - you'll want to upgrade at least the front one.

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
TATTOO said:
You guys are forgeting its less maintenance for N/A...
Agreed. I change my oil every 5,000 miles and am done with it. And I am able to run 87 octane (which you might be able to do on a stage 0 setup, I don't know).

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Glavius said:
Theres been dynoes of 170-180whp.

TATTOO said:
Its a good start I/H/E+Mafterburner then later on S/C it sweeet......**coughsnipercough**
Yeah no kidding, if you have the money for the sniper someone just dynoed 240whp, 200wtq with those supporting mods.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
Theres been dynoes of 170-180whp.

Yeah no kidding, if you have the money for the sniper someone just dynoed 240whp, 200wtq with those supporting mods.
Actually Josh doesnt have Headers....acording 2 his video....and yet he still made 240whp!!! :3_chubby:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts