Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
An orange crush 6spd is really common? Did you click the link? Out of a nationwide search... there was only ONE result. I wouldnt call that common.

FYI: dont read the words. click the link and look at the pictures. Its NOT a GT. It is a 2006 Orange Crush 6spd SE. Just like the one in the page header of these forums.

Meaning, the place selling it probably doesnt know anything about the car. Somebody might be able to get it for a better deal if somebody were interested.

·
Registered
270 Posts
An orange crush 6spd is really common? Did you click the link? Out of a nationwide search... there was only ONE result. I wouldnt call that common.

FYI: dont read the words. click the link and look at the pictures. Its NOT a GT. It is a 2006 Orange Crush 6spd SE. Just like the one in the page header of these forums.

Meaning, the place selling it probably doesnt know anything about the car. Somebody might be able to get it for a better deal if somebody were interested.
I did and they are kinda common , not super common but common enough

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did and they are kinda common , not super common but common enough
Could have fooled me. When i was looking for one for my wife two years ago, there were only two anywhere in the united states. One had a blown factory clutch with 60k on the odo (bought that one), and one in Ohio for like $9k that had a ton of repairs done to it.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
138 Posts
They're not rare in the US. Maybe in Australia because it was a unique "tiger shark" orange trim level down there... but it's still the same VH color code as everywhere else. Every few months there are orange tibs that pop up on the market apps in my area.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How bout that. I never see them here, let alone the car in general. Everybody always asks what kind of car it is.

Oh well, either way, if anybody is looking, there it is

·
Registered
67 Posts
How bout that. I never see them here, let alone the car in general. Everybody always asks what kind of car it is.

Oh well, either way, if anybody is looking, there it is
is that a decent price for the SE's? i bought my '07 SE for 2900

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
138 Posts
That's not true at all. GT and SE existed at the same time from 05 on up. Differences depending on the year had 6speed, bigger brakes, high spoiler and interior upgrades on the SE as the default package. In the earlier models like 04 the SE existed as an upgraded GT but wasn't technically a separate trim level like it became in 05. The GT could have some SE options added that we saw in the 05+ SE trim level.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In 05+ the SE was the only model available with the 6 speed i believe as well.

And im happy to say I have not licked any bulbs in at least 3 days!

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
138 Posts
SE is a better overall trim level if you account for all the little upgrades added together... But functionally the GT and SE have the same power and close to the same top speed (not that anyone is going to use the gear limited top speed).

·
Registered
2003 Tiburon GT / Auto trans
68 Posts
Just out of curiosity, whats that button/switch on the belt side of the car? Ive combed over my engine bay and dont see a hood light anywhere.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
138 Posts
Trim level is just a preset of factory options. The body doesn't change between a GS, GT or SE for a given year.

That switch will trigger the factory alarm if the hood is forced open.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts