Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somone should really make a DIY for the coolant mod referd to by tuscanirider in his sticky on I4 performance mods
i know u remove a coolant line from the throttle body and run it somplace else, thats it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
yeah u just inhook both from the throttle body and pipe them together lol

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
this only for i4's?
or what?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
no, V6 too, this line passes hot water through the TB to help car on cold starts for what i know. So by removing it you should get colder air.. maybe +1whp

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
well being in lubbock almost year round
i should probably not do this
seeing how its like 10 degrees right now.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
yeah not worth the gain, im not exactly sure if it works that way cuz if its a cold start then the water is cold too :p but im sure its something like that

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
yeah not worth the gain, im not exactly sure if it works that way cuz if its a cold start then the water is cold too :p but im sure its something like that

it is to prevent ice from forming onto the TB..

you wont gain much at all, but i guess if your looking for every ounce of power you can get you could do it.. haha

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
lol, each whp counts.. although u would gain more from just taking a leak before driving

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
hell yeah, lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
What about removing the lines from the TB and having something cold like CO2 or even N2o run threw it. You could in essence chill the TB and possibly cool the air coming into the intake manifold. Not sure if its feasible, Just an idea.....

·
Administrator
9,008 Posts
it is to prevent ice from forming onto the TB..
Typically you only get ice in carburators, it's due to the air moisture content and the temp drop because of the cooling effect of the fuel going into the airstream.
Since I believe these are all multiport engines, there is no fuel present in the TB, thus no ice.

What about removing the lines from the TB and having something cold like CO2 or even N2o run threw it. You could in essence chill the TB and possibly cool the air coming into the intake manifold. Not sure if its feasible, Just an idea.....
Could you?, yes.
Is it worth the time/money?, no.
Better would be to throw a bag of ice on the intake if you want cooling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts