Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Freedom Design Front Strut Bar from Ptuning.
linky link http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-De...uro&ModelYear=2003-2004 All&ModelDesc=Tiburon
This is an adjustable strut bar,,,,meaning you can adjust the fitting by way of nuts and bolts.
The strut bar is a perfect fit,,, I ordered on Saturday and received product on Weds because they don't ship orders on weekends. I got the bar on sale for $79 shipped :3_winkthu
What a difference in turning.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
That's a pretty beefy strut bar. Great price too.

·
Banned
5,790 Posts
that doesnt look beefy at all from the pics...it looks to me like the shark racing bars...which can easily bend over ones knees....

·
Banned
5,790 Posts
dc's bars themselves look like rrm.

the main bar of this looks like a fancy version of shark racings bar.

i sooooo bet that bar is NOT as beefy as it looks.......

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
dc sports are better?or maybe kspec?

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Mines Better said:
dc's bars themselves look like rrm.

the main bar of this looks like a fancy version of shark racings bar.

i sooooo bet that bar is NOT as beefy as it looks.......
Well it's a lot bigger than my RRM front strut bar... but mine doesn't flex at all.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's pretty thick and strong,,,it does have 2 outer tubes and 1 big fat tube in the middle of the bar, so it's pretty strong, I could not stand on it and bend it,,,or even make it move a little bit once installed.
I'm not gonna diss any other companies bars cause I haven't tried any others.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
It's the only one I've seen that arch shaped. That troubles me, because arches are strong holding their own downforce weight, but are not strong with up force applied to it. Think about a bow & arrow. You can bend a bow easily with the curve, but not against it. The strut towers will apply force with the curve IMO.

Place the two ends up on a block of wood or other, and stand on the inside of the curve and bounce. This is the way the force will be applied from the struts.Let me know what happens.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Place the two ends up on a block of wood or other, and stand on the inside of the curve and bounce. This is the way the force will be applied from the struts.Let me know what happens
If I get a chance to do that this weekend I will.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts