Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am about to purchase a couple of things for my tibby. I need some advice. So I figured what better place to turn to than the guy/girls who this stuff on the regular. So here is the set up I am doing. Right now, my car is stock.

Uneeks rotors
New pads
Tein springs
Mussa front and rear strut bars

Questions:
1. I read somewhere that I shoudl wait on springs until I can get struts also. I can't aforrd them right now (I believe they run around 1,000) for Tein, which is the brand I am going with. So the question is, get the springs or wait.

2. Does anyone know where I can get a front and rear strut bar package deal. Now I also heard somewhere that I should run with a rear sway bar first. The argument he provided was pretty convincing.

So, what does everyone think? I need some opions on these issues. I am going to purchase this stuff this weekend. So, maybe these are newbie questions, but please give me a hand and give your opinons. Thanks

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
you can run struts without springs...in fact....thats probably what im gonna do since i cant afford springs right now...lol....and for strut bar...i heard RRM makes some pretty nice ones...

·
Banned
248 Posts
seedweed23 said:
you can run struts without springs...in fact....thats probably what im gonna do since i cant afford springs right now...lol....and for strut bar...i heard RRM makes some pretty nice ones...
ONCE THE BALL IS IN MY HANDS, I AM AT YOUR MERCY - MJ23

shouldnt that be.....once the ball is in my hands, you are at my mercy....?? just wondering it was bugging me

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JDATibby said:
$160 for the mussa package right now pretty sure...

I saw an ad for that also, just couldn't remember where I saw it. Where did you find that price?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Wait on the springs until you can get the struts,,,it'll save you in the long run.
For the strut bars, Mussa is good, as well as Ptuning,,they have some deals as well.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The 1000 dollar tein struts arent strut's. their coilovers. that mean's they come with struts and springs to match.. the problem is, unless your hitting the track on a regular basis.....they're just tooo stiff for everyday driving. I've got the quest mookney coilovers that have the same spring rates as the teins and they're tuff to tolerate some times....and you can forget about road trips anywhere outside of the city....plus you spend most of your driving experience on the lookout for potholes that would instantly destroy your rims and probably kill the coilovers in the process.
On the plus side handling is pretty savage. If your just looking to do a drop for looks, then just do springs. if ya want a bit of handling, do springs and koni's or eibachs.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Road Race makes nice strut bars, i have the front and it will clear with S/c and stg4 IM where some others wont. Progress rear sway is nice and u can tell a diffrence with it. i am selling my RRM (red) front strut bar locally and i see u r in GA. PM if u are interested.

·
Official NT Bunghole Licker
851 Posts
you do not have/need to upgrade the sway bar with any of these components. its recommended for handling modifications, but not necessary.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i have a front and rear RRM strut bar and i can't be happyer with my purchase! they're probably the strongest strut bars on the market for our tibs.. well... there is a rear strut bar made my DC sport but it requires more cutting than the RRM rear strut bar... i can tell you now, from other threads i've read, the sway bar makes a huge difference in handling... but there is that problem with the links breaking off from the strut... but i believe rikna sells the solid links that you weld on... i'm not sure if it was rikna.. go check the for sale forum.. anyways yea.. my next mod will be the sway bar for sure...

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
The mussa strut bars are worthless, you can flex/bend them with your hands. Get the RRM strut bars, and a progress rear sway bar. I am running H&R springs with stock struts no problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts