Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here's the story. I have a Tiburon Tuscani (I guess it's an SE in the US) and I was doing a brake job on it, did the back first, everything was fine. Get to the front, take the pads off, have less than 1mm left on them, laugh about it, take the new ones out of the box, throw it on...WAIT. Somethings wrong. This pad fits...but...doesn't fill the space that it's supposed to fit in. HUH? I look down at the pads on the floor, stack the new pads against the old ones. Guess what? They be too short! I've even called my dealer, and all Tiburons in the "MicroCat" system use the short pads, wether it's I4, V6, Tuscani, plain Tib, whatever.

So what is the part number of the Tuscani / SE pads? Fixer, I'm looking in your direction for the answer!

I'll go downstairs to my car and get the recipt to post the "wrong" part number.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, part number: 58101-2CA10 on the "regular" pads.

I was just looking at the Soulful Racing site, and the picture shows stock pads, XG350 I think, which look exactly like the ones I need, they are blue too (like mine)! Not like the green ones listed above. Do i have XG sized calipers?

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
I know this is kinda throwing it out there, but did you double check just to make sure you received front pads and not rear ones?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TNT said:
I know this is kinda throwing it out there, but did you double check just to make sure you received front pads and not rear ones?
I don't know weather to laugh at that comment or not. I already stated that the rears have been done. So obviously that's not it. It also says in my first post that the dealer states the fornt pads are the ones that are being installed.

The fact of the matter is, I have to go the the dealer on saturday, they are gonna match up the pads, and I'll let you know what they are. (i'm leaning 95% towards them being XG size)

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
Sorry, I missed where you said that, I see it now.

Good luck.

Oh, by the way, if you had XG sized calipers, or even XG calipers, you'd more than likely have two pistons. All the tiburons that I've seen have one.

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
The SE uses different brake pads then other tibs. I have no idea if they are XG pads though.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
No kidding?

Look on hmaservice.com and compare your part numbers.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok ladies and gents...I have figured it out. So being as i have the Tuscani / SE model, the front calipers are larger one piston units...blah blah, you already know all this.

The part number that comes up automatically when entered into the computer system is:
58101-2CA10
The Tuscani / SE model actually comes with this part number for pads:
58101-2CA01 ...(formerly known as 58101-2CA00)

Thanks for trying to help me out everyone. The way the dealer was playing it, it almost seemed hopeless because they had no idea, but when you're actually in there face, all of a sudden, they can figure it out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts