Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok you all know how our front blinker/parking lights are 1157.. has anyone cut the wire the keeps the parking lights on so only the blinker works? i wanna do this.. my buddy did it with his galant and it looks great.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
I'd have to agree with bagpiper, those parking lights are there for a reason, mainly to give cars some depth perception of where your car is in relation to them. Not only from the side, but especially from head-on. With just headlights it's very hard for an oncoming car to gauge how far your car is away them. Someone turning left in front of you from the opposite direction might think it's safe to go because your car will appear like it's further away and going slower than it really is.

Plus, if you have a yearly state inspection, that might be one of the things they check for is fully functioning marker lights.

It's your call in the end, but I wouldn't do it to my car because the benefit doesn't outweigh the risk.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SPXshark said:
I did it. it looks sweet. The stock headlights are bright and project enough that people see you on the side.
what wire was it that you cut?

·
Registered
690 Posts
if you do a search, it is the brown wire on the signal harness that plugs into the signal bulb.

if you search it is called brown wire MOD i think....cut the brown and the light will only come on when you use the signals/hazzards

done and done

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
panthertiburon said:
if you do a search, it is the brown wire on the signal harness that plugs into the signal bulb.

if you search it is called brown wire MOD i think....cut the brown and the light will only come on when you use the signals/hazzards

done and done
good deal.. thanks man

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i was gonna cut the parking light wire but i decided that i dont wanna do that because its not safe to drive around with out parking lights..

the superwhite parking light bulbs i found are 27/8 watts.. does anyone know where i can get them with a bright parking light instead of 8 watts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts