Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what it does? What is it for? And why it would need to be repositioned?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Your engine and trans is bolted to it, as well as your lower suspension pieces, such as your lower control arms. Who said it needed to be repositioned? Has your car been in an accident?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If you need a new crossmember then just pony up and call the dealer. Who told you they could "reposition" you cradle? If it is bent then you would be compromising the integrity of the cradle by bending it back into shape. I work at a salvage yard and will tell you that there are maybe 10 used cradles in North America available and they range from $500-$900 and the dealer is just around $1100. I hope your issue is resolved promptly.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, the dearler did it to my car to address an alignment problem from the factory.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My car was in a pretty decent accident, and i had to replace to engine cradle. I found one from a salvage yard for $400 shipped + $350 for the install. It messed up my wheel alignment big time. The car would drift to the right really bad. Also my front right wheel would rub against the inner fender the wheel was pushed back so much.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i took mine totally out when i did my clutch and didnt even have an alignment, car drives fine(like crap)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts