Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side front wheel bearing is driving me absofreakingloutely crazy with its not stop squeaking so I need to replace it. I've searched around but still have two questions.

1) Do I have to buy a Hyundai replacement part? I've read that other brands don't fit.

2) What is the process of replacing a front wheel bearing? I want to do this myself and save a couple of bucks.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
u can get them at any auto parts store and im pretty sure they have to be pressed in when i ot mine done it was like 200 bux with the part but mine was grinding so i had to get it done

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
l had the same problem a year ago.l think lt's better to get the oem part, tib has the same wheel bearings as the elantra.To get the bearing out you need to remove wheel, calipers, disc and unbolt that big nut in the centre and than you remove that big metal part behind it.Don't know what lt's called and than you push the bearing out, weather buy pushing, using manual hidraulic prees or carefuly with the hammer.
The problem is to put the new bearing back in as it needs to be pressed in by manual hidraulic press to ensure lt's positioned right, straight and to the base of the opening where bearing is sitting.lf you will do this at home using hammer you risk damaging the bearing, instaling it sideways and that would mean you destroy the bearing after a few miles of driving.
Bearing fits very tightly in lt's place so thats why you need hidraulic press.

lf you don't have the necessary tools, equipment and skill don't do it, rather leave this to the trained mechanic or dealership and so save yourself some unwanted problems and costs.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey,

If you're interested, I have the front wheel bearings available for $60 shipped per bearing. Let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin
KJB Motorsports

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I thought the tib's bearings weren't pressed bearings and that that could be done at home. Don't quote me on it, but i thought i read it somewhere on nt.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey,

If you're interested, I have the front wheel bearings available for $60 shipped per bearing. Let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin
KJB Motorsports
Thanks Kevin. Expect to hear from me as soon as I get things figured out.

I thought the tib's bearings weren't pressed bearings and that that could be done at home. Don't quote me on it, but i thought i read it somewhere on nt.
This is also what I thought. Has anyone on here replaced them without having to get them pressed in?

·
Registered
128 Posts
the rear ones are in the hub and dont come out you got to replace the whole huband it just slides off and you can do it yourself but the front ones need to be pressed in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts