Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**Modderator please let this stay here because i dont want to deal with shipping nation wide if at all possible**

I would like to trade my CF hood for some1's stock hood. I am going today to get a qoute on getting my front end painted and after much debate i would like to have the stock hood on again.

It is an OEM style VIS Carbon Fiber hood. I have had it on the car sense Novemeber of last year but it spent from Novemeber through May mostly in a garage under a car cover (during my Fla work). It is a direct change, just pop off gas struts, take off 4 bolts and u can swap hoods. The only thing i had to do was remove the hood spacers that are above the headlights. There is 1 or 2 small scratches on the hood but not noticeble.

I would probably need (got to make sure i dont have) the windshield fluid nozzle and the rubber hose from where it connects the hood to the once coming from the upper pasenger corner. The factory nozzles wont fit the hood so i just took mine off and i took out the resvior.

I would possibly be enterested in selling it if some1 doesnt want to trade but buy but it would be for around the cost of a factory hood from Hyundai (dont have price yet).

I apologize for no pics, i can get some this weekend my gf is home with a digital camera.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
I got you man. I have one in Auburn. I need this other hood. I posted in SEU

·
Registered
111 Posts
SECOND DIBBS if it doesnt' work out with the other dude....

·
Registered
543 Posts
Third dibs if it doesn't work out with either of them, lol. Dammit, I wish I would've seen this earlier. I've been dying to get my hands on an OEM-style CF hood. :(

·
Registered
486 Posts
lol fourth dibs i guess... mine's in perfect condition since i've only had the car for 6 months... And the car/hood is silver if by any chance you're painting your car silver...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well after a few body shop qoutes i wont be getting another hood. Ill just leave the CF one and get the front bumper painted. Soon though I will be looking to sell most of my parts on the tib (in my sig) because i am most likely going to trade it in. The only thing i wont sell is the headers (i dont want the installation pain) and i do have an Ark short antenna (silver) not listet that i will be selling. Thanks to yall who posted quick on this and i hope no1 go their hopes up as much as i had mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts