Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1500 shipped in the us! Add the diff. for canada etc.

The transmission is my stock transmission w/50000 miles on it, and 10000 miles since adding the 3.812 nissan final drive gear set to the hyundai 1-6 gears. This makes ALL of the gears longer, giving more traction in first and 2nd gear especially. I highly recommend this for forced induction vehicles that have traction issues. Also, a phantom grip lsd insert was installed by the same high performance transmission shop to exact phantom grip clearance tolerances requiring further slight machining to obtain such clearances.

The car runs beautifully with it, and has no shifting issues that I am aware of (and I use it daily!) thanks to running redline synthetic in it for 8000 miles and now gm synchromesh-that stuff is the bomb!

The only caveat is that the gear contact on the 6th gear is 1/3rd of stock due to the necessary machining, so I would try not to drop the clutch and spray nitrous at the same time in 6th gear ha ha ha. Seriously though, I have boosted many times in 6th gear, but honestly, 6th gear is really only good for me and my particular setup at around 72-75 mph. With my lower comp. motor, and overdriven accessories, the 6th gear is a super-overdrive gear that is great for 75mph and above, maybe less on stock compression... 70 or above. But 5th gear is right around where the stock 6th is, so it is all great!

This is currently installed and will be pulled and shipped when sold. If not, I plan to pull in the next two weeks anyways.

Thanks for looking!

paypal is [email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts