Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
What are you upgrading too and for what game?

·
NewTiburon.com Legend
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ryloth said:
What are you upgrading too and for what game?
Heh. Something along the lines of...

AMD-based, Crossfire-based. That's all I know at this point. Tired of all the crap I've gotten out of this computer. I'm selling the computer, too... but I'm going to try to do that locally. Then I'm going to function off my work laptop for a couple months while I dump unGodly amounts of money into a mobo/cpu/ram/gpu. It'll probably take me months to get it built.

So far, looking at an AMD Athlon X2 4200+, MSI K9A Platinum mobo (w/ Crossfire 3200), 2GB of Corsair TWINX PC6400 DDR2 RAM and, well... that's where I don't know. I'm not sure if I want a pair of X1600 Pros or a pair of X1950 Pros. Difference being quality/price. Though, at the same time... a pair of X1600s is as much as ONE X1950. See the issue?

Blah, blah. We'll see how far that goes. It's either that or a semi-budget system with a AMD Athlon 64 4000+, MSI RD480 mobo and the X1950. As I said... I'm still totally up in the air about it, I just want this thing gone, as it's pissing me off.

·
NewTiburon.com Legend
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and for Empire at War, F.E.A.R. (which I've yet to buy...) and then I have a new addiction to World of Warcraft.

·
7,099 Posts
I have the Athlon 64 4000+ and can't complaint about. Have it for about a year and it runs about anything. I need more ram though......

I built my current computer to run F.E.A.R. and it was definately worth it.

·
NewTiburon.com Legend
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ryloth said:
I have the Athlon 64 4000+ and can't complaint about. Have it for about a year and it runs about anything. I need more ram though......

I built my current computer to run F.E.A.R. and it was definately worth it.
How much RAM do you have? Think my 2GB will wing it? The mobos I'm looking at support 4GB, and I'll upgrade to there at some point, but I was hoping to put that off for a little bit.

·
NewTiburon.com Legend
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cleared the reserve... get it while it's hot! :D

·
7,099 Posts
I'm running 1.5gb and that is enough for F.E.A.R. but for games like Double Agent and I fear Flight Simulator X, Crysis, andRainbow Six : Vegas I will need more.

·
NewTiburon.com Legend
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yay, this is great news... GREAT NEWS, I say. I think I'll order that barebones PC ASAP. It's only $190 right now... which is the shizzle. :D Especially since this thing selling will cover MOST of the cost, if not all of it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ive had my 4400 X2 (AMD > Intel) for a year now overclocked to 2.4 and I love it along with 2 gigs of ram and a geforce 7800GT PCI-E. 2 gigs of RAM is plenty and then some for any game out there now, what you should be concerned about is Processor & Video card power. I see your into ATI, yuck I hate there products but to each there own.

Good luck on the sell.

PS - I play BF2 and GRAW if any of you are intrested in playing together.

·
NewTiburon.com Legend
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Orlean said:
Ive had my 4400 X2 (AMD > Intel) for a year now overclocked to 2.4 and I love it along with 2 gigs of ram and a geforce 7800GT PCI-E. 2 gigs of RAM is plenty and then some for any game out there now, what you should be concerned about is Processor & Video card power. I see your into ATI, yuck I hate there products but to each there own.

Good luck on the sell.

PS - I play BF2 and GRAW if any of you are intrested in playing together.
Two things.

1. I previously owned an NVIDIA card and it's been nothing but bunk for me. Sure, it's PROBABLY the craptastic computer, but whatever.

2. You say AMD > Intel... but AMD owns ATI, so how can you be an AMD fanboy and not like ATI? I'm just trying something different... I intend to use the Crossfire that's built into the mobo I'm buying and either run dual X1950 Pros or dual X1600 Pros. Basically just depends on price, really... either way, for what I play, they'll suffice.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well two things....

1. I used ATI once and it was crap for me - so I guess you having problems with Nvidia and me having problems with ATI cancles eachother out. ATi lack of driver support is terrible. Once again to each his own.

2. I might be a AMD fanboy. But that doesnt mean I have to buy there other products aswell. Thats like saying "Well I love Jaguar, so that means I should love Ford too? " ATI & Nvidia swapped places basicly. Im a AMD fanboy because there processors are of bettery quality and architecture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts