Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to install a new fuel filter and its late and im forgetting things now. First off the filter on the left is the old one. The one on the right is the new one i picked up from Hyundai. Now the old one doesnt have the part i labeled x. Also part Y on the new is in a different spot than part z on the old one. I pulled part A off of part D and then pulled out one rubber washers i labeled B. Thats when i looked in the bottom of the bucket and found part C. No idea where it came from. Thats my big problem. I then pulled the other rubber washer B out of Part D and thats where i stopped. Im hoping part C just came out when i pulled out the first part B, but i have no idea.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hurdler5280 said:
Im trying to install a new fuel filter and its late and im forgetting things now. First off the filter on the left is the old one. The one on the right is the new one i picked up from Hyundai. Now the old one doesnt have the part i labeled x. Also part Y on the new is in a different spot than part z on the old one. I pulled part A off of part D and then pulled out one rubber washers i labeled B. Thats when i looked in the bottom of the bucket and found part C. No idea where it came from. Thats my big problem. I then pulled the other rubber washer B out of Part D and thats where i stopped. Im hoping part C just came out when i pulled out the first part B, but i have no idea.
Hello,

I could be mistaken, because I havent taken one apart yet, but they might have given you a filter out of an 05+ returnless pump assembly. You need to give them your VIN #.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

I could be mistaken, because I havent taken one apart yet, but they might have given you a filter out of an 05+ returnless pump assembly. You need to give them your VIN #.

Thanks T.C.
Man i hope not. They originally gave me an inline filter. So i brought it back and i told him and he just grabbed a box without asking me the year or vin. Just what the model was. I just figured they were the same for all years. Then again it took them three times to get the right cv boots that i needed. :3_frusty:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts