Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to do a fuel filter on my car the hyundai guy told me I go through the seat to get there. How does the seat come out, and is it tough to do once its out.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
The fuel filter is in the tank itself with the electric fuel pump. There are 2 black plastic tabs on the front of the rear seat and 2 bolts inbetween the lowerportion and the upper portion. Remove the bolts and push on the tabs to remove the rear seat. Very easy. I can't help you with the filter replacement because I've never done it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
NovaResource said:
The fuel filter is in the tank itself with the electric fuel pump. There are 2 black plastic tabs on the front of the rear seat and 2 bolts inbetween the lowerportion and the upper portion. Remove the bolts and push on the tabs to remove the rear seat. Very easy. I can't help you with the filter replacement because I've never done it. Good luck.
I've got 105k and I've never replaced it... apparently (as per Jone's Hyundai Bel Air) it never needs to be changed. It's in tank...

Anyone else know any different?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wallytiburon said:
I've got 105k and I've never replaced it... apparently (as per Jone's Hyundai Bel Air) it never needs to be changed. It's in tank...

Anyone else know any different?
Hyundai dealership where I am said it needs to be cahnged every 100k. But then a service station told me every 60k. I'll go with the dealer. Anyone have any idea what the actual pump costs?

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
I just changed my pump out to a more powerful one. I re-used the same filter. I don't think tat the filter will ever need to be changed judgeing by the material it is made of and all. I wouldn't bother changeing it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zeenon53 said:
I just changed my pump out to a more powerful one. I re-used the same filter. I don't think tat the filter will ever need to be changed judgeing by the material it is made of and all. I wouldn't bother changeing it.
Where did you get the pump, whats it do and how much?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
as long as you use good quality gas, you dont need to change it.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
landshark03 said:
Where did you get the pump, whats it do and how much?
It sprays more fuel and its a mod you'll definitely will need that when your boosting that much air. He probably got it from Nextgen and you wont need this if your N/A

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i was also told that i wouldnt have to worry about changing it.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts