Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started smelling gas yesterday while driving but wasn’t positive if it was coming from my car. I started smelling it again today and was able to find a leak in my fuel lines. I don’t have the expertise to fix this so I’m going to have to bring it to a shop but before I do I was wondering if anybody had any advice on how this should be fixed so that its done right. The first photo you can see the lines that are slightly wet but I did not see a drip the second picture shows the lines behind that are much more wet and I was able to see it dripping.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive fuel system
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Tints and shades

·
Registered
513 Posts
It might take a little effort, but if its leaking, its probably leaking due to a bit of rust. I would find a car in a junk yard with good lines, and just replace them all. If not that, I have a couple parts cars here i believe with good lines. I might be able to remove them and send them to you.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might take a little effort, but if its leaking, its probably leaking due to a bit of rust. I would find a car in a junk yard with good lines, and just replace them all. If not that, I have a couple parts cars here i believe with good lines. I might be able to remove them and send them to you.
Ya there definitely is some rust. It looks like they are rusting underneath and around the plastic block that holds the lines together. I was going to buy new but I believe I read before that someone said they are not available for purchase anymore. Next option was to have the bad section cut out and replaced but if you have the lines in good condition let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts