Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
An '08 that's still under warranty?!

And no, bolt-ons like that will not void your warranty. Your dealer might tell you otherwise, but there is a thing called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. You can pretty much do whatever you want to your car, and if a part of the car fails on its own, such as a manufacturing defect, not because you messed with it, then they have to honor their warranty if that part of your car is covered under warranty.

So... if you install HID's in your headlights and later your engine blows up, then the dealer has the right to deny warranty work... as soon as they prove your light bulbs blew your motor. And good luck with that, dealership.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/chapter-50

Best thing to do is just save your stock parts so if you do have to do a warranty claim, you can throw your stock shіt back on real quick just to avoid having to argue with them about it at all.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Oh, shіt. I just looked at the date on the last few. Good call.

But still! Everyone should be aware of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Even if not for yourself, you might know someone who you could save from being lied to by their dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What are you comparing the 2.7 tib to? Saying thier not fast depends on what your comparing it to. I went up against a wrx after work yesterday. Didn't win, but I stuck close and it was enough for him to roll down his window and tell me my ride is pretty fast. The tibs are decent cars in my opinion and are very upgradable. My cousin has an 03 V6 tib that's got 270hp and brought his 0 to 60 down from to 7.5 seconds to 6. He gets about 19 to 24mpg cruising.

·
Registered
516 Posts
What are you comparing the 2.7 tib to? Saying thier not fast depends on what your comparing it to. I went up against a wrx after work yesterday. Didn't win, but I stuck close and it was enough for him to roll down his window and tell me my ride is pretty fast. The tibs are decent cars in my opinion and are very upgradable. My cousin has an 03 V6 tib that's got 270hp and brought his 0 to 60 down from to 7.5 seconds to 6. He gets about 19 to 24mpg cruising.
Dude this post is over a decade old now if you have question or want to say something make your own post .

61 - 65 of 65 Posts