Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Fuel pump is needed????

somebody said a Walbro 190 LPH pump but i looked at a couple sites and it said it only supports up to 300hp

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with bigger injectors or secondary fuel rail should do fine.
so ur saying that fuel pump with bigger injectors??? and/or is secondary the same as dual fuel rail?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
that's what i'm saying MEng...lol j/k
seriously i don't know alot so don't quote me, i've been seeing alot of members on here with 190 and they run crazy hp around the 300-350...your best bet is to pm guys like dmdicks, kloud, dvandark, few others aswell, they run crzy hp w/ their i4's

also i kept hearing that the 290fuel pump is loud and goes out fast?!?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Yah, pretty sure you can make 300-350 with a 190lph pump. My stock pump was good to about 260whp. Just don't over do it.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
I'm over 350whp with a 190lph pump and using E85 Ethanol which requires 30% more fuel than gasoline. I still have plenty of room to go as well. The key is in monitoring your AFR and Fuel pressure. When it gets to the point where adding numbers in whatever tuner your using doesn't change the AFR then most likely your either out of injector or the pump can flow enough. Either way a 190lph should fit 99.9% of peoples power goals on a stock engine.
If you do go for BIG power, 400+ WHP, then I would recommend upgrading to a 255lph, which will require modifications to your fuel system to support. 190lph is drop in and go pretty much.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just get the 255 and be done with it. give yourself room to grow.
do u have a link for that cause i think im gonna need it...

jattus stage 3 and port and polish...

not sure what ill push there but i wanna be safe

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
You can just buy the 255 pump for the Mitsu EVO 8 and it will work fine. Oh yeah, you'll have to convert to a return style fuel system to use the 255 lph pump.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
i would not go with a 255, the reliability is very spotty and motors have been blown due to it, the 190 will support you just fine, i was on stock until 300whp i just switched to the 190 so i have alot more to go with that before it would need replacing, i would guess it would support over 450whp, i would only use a 255 as a last resort, steve recently blew his fully built longblock due to 1 of his 2 255 pumps going out on the track

·
Registered
989 Posts
@DMDicks - dave you run a boost-a-pump with your 190lb fuel pump. Doesn't that extend the ability of the pump all the way to 550whp or so?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts