Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Fuel Question for 7psi

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  MisterTib 
#1 ·
Have 290cc's on the way. I have a gauge in my fuel rail that tells me my fuel pressure. After the 290s are installed i need to know what my fuel pressure should read on my gauge at idle for the 290cc injectors. Once i have my fuel pressure where i need it to be, i can tune with mafterburner.

#2 ·
Same as stock injectors, about 40psi with vacuum, 50 psi w/out.

#4 ·
Are you getting about -20" at idle of vacuum? If so, might be time for a new fpr, (guessing you still are using the stock one?). I think a new one at the dealer is about $60, (I know, I just bought one, turned out to be something else, nothing wrong with the original)

#5 ·
actually i get about -17" of vacuum at idle. Ive been trying to figure out why its not lower for a long time. Cant find any leaks. Its actually not a stock fpr. I can increase the fuel pressure with it no problem, but when i loosen it, i cant get it to go lower than around 52. When ive got the fuel pressure around 60psi after tightening the nut, and then i take off the vacuum line to it, then it will drop a good 8psi or so

#7 ·
Work with it the way it is, if it isn't going to go lower, ya got what ya got! As long as you have 50psi or better when boosting, you should be alright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.