Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone know's what size the cap is at the end of the fuel rail (on the returnless betaII's), I'd like to guess and say a -6AN...

If anyone knows the correct answer, please let me know...

Thanks...

·
Registered
335 Posts
labmixz said:
Just wondering if anyone know's what size the cap is at the end of the fuel rail (on the returnless betaII's), I'd like to guess and say a -6AN...

If anyone knows the correct answer, please let me know...

Thanks...
Lab, it's not an AN fitting, it's 1/4" NPT thread. I used that port for my fuel pressure gauge.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
caledonian said:
Lab, it's not an AN fitting, it's 1/4" NPT thread. I used that port for my fuel pressure gauge.

Thanks man...

I started thinking about it last night and I was thinking it could be a 1/4 NPT... thanks again for confirming... ;)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
caledonian said:
No problem. I had to heat the crap out of the rail with a propane torch to get the cap out.
You know that just doesn't sound good...

lol, I imagine you disconnected the fuel... ha...

Hopefully I won't have to do that, don't feel like disconnecting the fuel lines from it... I was just gonna have the residual spill out into a bucket...

·
Registered
335 Posts
On my first attempt I tried to get it off whith the rail still bolted to the manifold. I ended up
snapping one of the rail mounts off!

I had to get a new rail and then used the propane with the rail clamped to a bench.
Hyundai used alot of thread locker on that bolt. I wouldn't advise trying to get if off
when it's still attached to the manifold. Don't make my mistake!

·
Registered
418 Posts
So I am assuming you are converting to a return style fuel system. I was wanting to order some more of the stuff I need for that as well, so wanted to check first (from summit racing).

So the 1/4 NPT, is that streight or tapered?

Also what size stainless steel fuel line should I order for running lines from the fuel rail to the fuel pressure regulator, from the regulator to the gas tank?

I was thinking these:
Fuel Line

Hose End

AN to NPT Adaptor Fitting

This is the fuel pressure regulator I have btw, or at least it looks very similar to this:

It doesn't appear that the brass nipples unscrew out of the fuel pressure regulator, so I probably can't use the A/N fittings to connect to this, so just use a standard hose clamp for that part?

Then basically I run the hose all the way back under the car to the gas tank, and use another one of those "AN to NPT Adaptor Fitting" on the gas tank? Where at on the gas tank do I drill and tap out this hole btw, and whats a good method of doing this?

Thanks sorry for all the questions but any help is greatly appreaciated!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, I'm not converting to a return, but doing something different... and 1/4 NPT is the INCORRECT SIZE...

Cale - What could be different, because the plug fitting is much larger than a 1/4 NPT...

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am eager to know as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts