Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into buying the CAI by Fujita for my 2005 I4 2.0L Tib and was wondering if anyone can tell me how much horsepower and torque it will give me.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
There is a little a little difference. But with the basic combo you can feel a bigger difference. CAI, Exhaust and headers. To tell you this much, I feel a noticable difference compared to Short Ram. I had a SRI before CAI and in the Cool evening, CAI has a bigger pull. I love the EVENINGS!

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
^^ have u been drinking too?

throw on a NOS sticker and u get 400whp.

or, u can just go to f5air.com and lookup the dyno for yourself.

if step 1 of 1 was too hard, i can go post the link for u.

i am bitter at the world and drunk and taking it out on NT tonight :)

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
shutup.... ur manifold has more holes it in than the hooker i shot last night

ahhh kelly i cant say that w/ a straight face

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
bms231 said:
shutup.... ur manifold has more holes it in than the hooker i shot last night

ahhh kelly i cant say that w/ a straight face
LMAO. It's not my fault that Alpine can't figure out how to make a manifold that'll hold up.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
it's simple. ur just running so much boost you caused an aluminum manifold to fail. happens all the time at what like 8psi was it?

oh i am going to hell. i should bite my tongue.

·
Banned
243 Posts
6hp and 9ft/lbs of torque according to the Dyno at Fujita's website.

http://www.f5air.com/images/dyno/06 tiburon 4 cyl.GIF

But if you're gonna add it you gotta go headers and exhaust too to finish the breathing part of the modifications off.

BTW....whats this about the Alpine manifold exploding? I was told in a previous post that the alpine turbo kit for the tib was the best one out there and that it would last me forever. How much boost are you at?

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
Jds121 said:
6hp and 9ft/lbs of torque according to the Dyno at Fujita's website.

http://www.f5air.com/images/dyno/06 tiburon 4 cyl.GIF

But if you're gonna add it you gotta go headers and exhaust too to finish the breathing part of the modifications off.

BTW....whats this about the Alpine manifold exploding? I was told in a previous post that the alpine turbo kit for the tib was the best one out there and that it would last me forever. How much boost are you at?

i was talkin about a super charger manifold. they sand cast them which leaves the unit porous (sp?). to counter act that, they paint the thing w/ a thick black coating. in kelly's case, for whatever reason, the manifold was so porus it let air travel through them causing his engine to go lean. that is only one experience out there though. i have not really heard anything bad about their turbo kits.

·
Banned
243 Posts
Well thats a relief, because I'm probably going to be getting that Stage 1 Intercooled Turbo kit sometime soon and the last thing I want it to do it go and explode on me.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
take to rane. he has one sitting at his house he can sell u right now and u wont have to wait forever for Alpine to ship it (about 2 - 3 months). he got an evo b/c no one in RI wanted to install the kit. it is brand new, never used.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts