Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my fujita intake. and the car takes longer to accelerate. i have an auto. when i slam my foot on the gas ,like i used to, and it downshifts to first it doesnt accelerate like it used to

WHY???

your input PLZ

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
do you have MAF and if so , are all the wires hooked up right and is the sensor itself facing the right way ?>
other then that it just might be a vacuum leak
thats all i can think off\

·
Registered
161 Posts
Trainwreck said:
I just installed my fujita intake. and the car takes longer to accelerate. i have an auto. when i slam my foot on the gas ,like i used to, and it downshifts to first it doesnt accelerate like it used to

WHY???

your input PLZ
Wait...it downshifts from any gear to 1st when you you floor it? Yeah make sure that you hooked up all hoses and sensors in the right places.

·
Registered
419 Posts
not to mention you just changed the power band to higher rpm's. it will pull harder up top than lower rpms. also, maybe reset your ECU to let it adapt?? to your new mod. but in a few days you will be happy!! CAI is the only way to go for the most out of any intake, beside the Injen SRI

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

how do u reset you ecu?

it has a intake has a nice shine to it :3_winkthu

im getting dc headers and exhaust in a month :3_fyou
jas72 said:
not to mention you just changed the power band to higher rpm's. it will pull harder up top than lower rpms. also, maybe reset your ECU to let it adapt?? to your new mod. but in a few days you will be happy!! CAI is the only way to go for the most out of any intake, beside the Injen SRI

·
Registered
15 Posts
To reset the ecu: simply unhook the battery and and hook it back up. That is supposed to reset all the electronics in your car. So you will have to reset your clock and everything your self but the ecu will read that more air is being accepted into the intake and has to adjust itsself. I have an injen cai and it took like 3 days to get back to normal time with little or no lag. Good luck man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts