Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it's time to finally say goodbye. After selling off all the spare parts and trying to sell the car complete here, it has come down to a full part-out. All parts listed in this thread are used and may have minor cosmetic flaws, but are all in good working condition. They were all installed on the car until last month, and on her final drive I did about a 200 mile loop up in the mountains, without a hiccup. Listed prices are in USD and include shipping within the continental US unless otherwise stated. As always, bundle discounts may be applied and local pickups are encouraged (especially on the larger items). I'd be willing to drive a reasonable distance from Reno, NV to meet or deliver parts with an appropriate offer. Contact via PM here or email at [email protected]

For the sake of saving space, I'll only be including one photo of most items, here's a link to the album with all the pictures: Parts 2

2003 2.7L V6 Complete Engine & 6-Speed Transmission (153,xxx miles) - 800 Plus Freight or Pick-Up
Selling as a complete package, as pictured. Timing belt and water pump done at 120,xxx miles. Oil changed every 3000 miles or 12 months, using Royal Purple HMX 10W30 and OEM filters for the last 30,000 miles. Gear oil changed every 10,000 miles or so with Redline 75W90 (last done around 145,xxx). Clutch and flywheel replaced by the previous owner at 109,xxx miles with a single mass flywheel conversion (stock equivalent, brand unknown). Pulling random locations around the country for freight quotes shows a range of 250-600 depending on location and delivery services, contact me for an accurate quote.

Stock 17" Wheels Powdercoated Black w/ Custom Tuscani Center Caps - 300 Plus Freight or Pick-Up
Just like it says, a full set of four stock 17" wheels for the 2003 GT model (17x7+46) powdercoated black and in excellent shape. Custom painted black and blue Tuscani center caps in good shape. The tires are BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2s in 225/45/17, but they aren't worth anything due to low tread depth and compound cracking from running them in the winter. I can sell them as-is or dismount the tires if you want. I'll also include a fifth matching wheel, not powdercoated and very slightly bent that I mounted a used tire on to have a full-size spare. They're probably not worth shipping, but I'm not opposed to throwing them on a pallet and shipping via freight.

DC Sports Headers w/ Random Technology Cat - 400 Plus Shipping - SOLD
Good condition DC Sports ceramic coated headers with Random Technology high-flow catalytic converter welded in after the flex pipe. It also has two O2 sensor bungs added after the cat for later models to avoid throwing codes. The welds aren't anything to write home about but they don't leak. I purchased these headers used, with the cat already welded in. I don't know the exact model but I was told it was the "highest flowing 50-state legal cat that Random Technology made." Combined with the DC exhaust listed below, the tone is superb. Keeping a catalytic converter in the system cuts down on the raspiness at high RPM and makes fewer bunnies cry.

DC Sports Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust - 400 Plus Shipping - Sale Pending
Good condition DC Sports 2.5" stainless cat-back exhaust system, dual exit. There are some decent scrapes on the underside of the resonator, and I had some trouble getting all the flanges to seal well over time. I had planned to chop it up and get rid of a few flanges, make it fit a little better so it wouldn't scrape all the time, and replace the remaining flanges with v-band clamps. But as stated above, it sounds amazing combined with the DC headers - deep and smooth.

Injen IS Intake (Mid-Length SRI) - 150 - Sale Pending
Great condition Injen intake. This is the mid-length "short ram" intake that positions the air filter between the left front fender and the battery. Includes everything pictured: filter, PCV fresh air hose and used MAF sensor (unknown age, working condition).

FL Headlights (w/ Profile Peak LEDs) - 250 Or 450 w/ Bulbs - SOLD
Excellent condition FL headlights, only a couple years old and recently buffed and sealed. 250 empty or 450 with all the bulbs - almost $300 worth of LED bulbs included. Profile Performance H7 low beams and high beams, 1157 switchback turn signals. The H7 bulbs are rated at 3000 lumen each and 6000K color temperature. The best part is there are no external drivers, ballasts, or relays to mount - everything fits inside the housing and the dust caps are installed. Includes adapter harness for 03-04 models if needed (purchased from Shark Racing and cleaned up their sloppy work).

Megan Racing Coilovers - 700
These are some of the best coilovers you can find for less than $1000 new. They were only installed on the car for a couple years and around 8,000 miles. Excellent condition, no rust or damage. Includes adjustment spanners.

DC Sports Strut Bars - 220 - SOLD
Great condition, only cosmetic flaws are a couple spots where the coating is flaking off, and the red part of the badge on the rear bar is faded from parking in the sun.

Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar - 350 - SOLD
Excellent condition Ultra Racing 23mm rear sway bar. I'll also give you the stock 23mm front sway bar if you want it, since the shipping won't change much. Included are the bushings that came with the UR rear bar, as well as two sets of Energy Suspension 23mm polyurethane bushings with zerk fittings.

Ingalls Rear Control Arms - 300 - SOLD
Great condition, minor surface rust on the bar ends (nothing a little wire wheel and fresh paint can't fix). As with several other items on this list, it appears these arms have been discontinued and can no longer be purchased new anywhere. For those who don't know, these give you full adjustability for rear camber and toe and are much stronger than the OEM adjustable arms. I'm also including all the hardware for them, because I spent over a hundred dollars on all new OEM hardware when I put these arms on.

B&M Short Throw Shifter w/ WC Lathe Werks Stainless Shift Knob, Redline Boot & Delrin Bushings - 220
This is hands-down the best short shifter that was ever (or probably ever will be) produced for a 6 speed Tiburon. Included is the solid stainless steel shift knob custom made by Chris at WC Lathe Werks. It weighs just over a pound (1.1 lbs or 500.8 g). For comparison: the aluminum knob that came with the Shark Racing shifter weighed 172 g, and the two stock shift knobs I had were 129 and 145. The quality is truly second-to-none, it fits perfectly on the B&M shifter, and feels amazing in the hand. I will not separate these and I probably won't budge on the price. I had this for sale in the previous thread, but I've now added the Redline short leather shift boot, the Blox shift knob cover, and Delrin shifter base and cable bushings (from a group buy on here years ago).

Shark Racing Short Throw Shifter - 40 - Sale Pending
Decent quality for what it is (feels better than stock anyway). Obviously much lower quality than the B&M listed above. Includes aluminum shift knob with some scratches.

Clutch Slave Cylinder w/ HEL Stainless Line - 40 - SOLD
Used, excellent condition Centric slave cylinder with restrictor valve and spring removed. HEL stainless steel braided clutch line for 350z.

Neztec Billet Aluminum Oil Cap - 80 - SOLD
Produced in limited numbers by Tyler over at Neztec Motorsports, I think the last ones sold 5+ years ago and they probably won't every be made again. Very high quality craftsmanship, CNC machined from 6061 billet Aluminum with engraving on the top and bottom. Excellent condition, just some minor water spots that would probably polish out if you're really picky.

Stock V6 Upper Intake Manifold w/ Throttle Body - 60
Used, great condition intake manifold and throttle body. No excessive carbon deposits. I also have a like-new vacuum hose for the brake booster that I'll include as long as I didn't already throw it away.

OEM Trailing Arms - 40 Plus Shipping
OEM Hyundai trailing arms installed for less than 10,000 miles. Cost like 160 new, aftermarket options go for around 40 each plus shipping.

Import Direct CV Axles - 50 Plus Shipping
Good condition aftermarket axles (from the green box store). Installed for around 15,000 miles. Boots are all intact, no wear in the joints.

Manual Converted Steering Rack - 50 Plus Shipping
Used steering rack that I tore down, cut the center seal off, greased and rebuilt with Moog inner and outer tie rods, new seals and boots. Without power steering, you get a more responsive steering behavior with very direct feedback. Even with fairly wide, fairly sticky tires it's only a bear to turn the wheels when you're completely stopped. I loved the feeling so much I ditched the power steering on my lifted Subaru too. This rack was installed for around 15,000 miles after the rebuild/conversion.

Gates Serpentine Belt Tensioner - 30
Like new condition - was installed for less than 100 miles before I finished my power steering delete and no longer needed it. Cheapest option on Rockauto is 27 + shipping. This Gates tensioner part # 38149 is 49 + shipping from them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Nolathane Polyurethane Control Arm Bushings - 70
Brand new, in package. Front lower control arm, rear bushing. I ran another set of these on my car for about 5 years, about 20,000 miles and loved them. Part # REV030.0092, available from online vendors for $110+.

OEM Bosch 290cc Injectors - 40 - SOLD
Used, good condition 290cc injectors for your boosted, cammed or E85 sippin' build.

OEM Oil Filters x3 - 20 - Sale Pending
Three new, sealed OEM oil filters with crush washers for the drain plug.

Used Rear Wiper Motor, Cruise Control Module, Stock Infinity Amp, Hood Struts (Like New) - FREE w/ Purchase
These don't have much value, but I figured somebody might need them. So they're free with any other purchase. Or if you really want them on their own, you'll just have to cover shipping.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am very interested in the exhaust, intake and headers. could we sort out some kind of deal and would you consider shipping to australia???

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am very interested in the exhaust, intake and headers. could we sort out some kind of deal and would you consider shipping to australia???
Shipping would likely be expensive, but PM me with your shipping info and I'll get a quote. Parts marked pending for you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will the shifters only work for 6 speeds? I sent you an email bud.
“auburn21495”
Hey man, I replied to your email a little while ago. For anyone else with the same question: yes, the 6 speed and 5 speed shifters are completely different. The shifters for sale in this thread will only work for 6 speeds.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Updated the top post: a few parts have already sold, and there are several others pending. Unfortunately the shipping to Australia would've been too much of a hassle, so the exhaust and intake are back up for grabs!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys, so sorry for not getting back to some of you the last few days. I was out of town getting married!

I'll be trying to respond to everyone tonight and finish coordinating some of the pending sales. Top post will be updated as soon as I'm caught up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DC Sports headers, strut bars, FL headlights, and Neztec oil cap have all been sold! Top post updated.

I'm also going to be adding a full set of used, remanufactured brake calipers (with Centric ceramic pads) and used Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors for sale in the next couple days. I initially wasn't going to bother with them since I thought the shipping would be outrageous, but then I had somebody wanting to buy the knuckles complete with hubs and bearings, and they didn't want the brakes. But the shipping quote I ran for them was surprisingly reasonable, so keep an eye out for those to be added, or PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
436 Posts
is that shark racing short shifter still available?
Might also be interested in that injen intake too

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still have a couple pending sales. Top post updated, prices reduced! Engine & transmission, Megan Racing coilovers, B&M shifter and more still available!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts