Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hey NT,

So as many of you know, due to unfortunate circumstances, I had to part with the Tib and I ended up selling it to a friends dealership here in Portland, as he had a customer looking for a modified import and something that was not a Honda or Acura. Between the dealerships owners and my family, there has been a lot of history between our families. Ash and his brother Shady (pronounced Shawdeeee) and their parents are from Amman and they all came to the states at the same time that my dad came from Mexico. Long story short, my dad and their father grew up together and have been close friends ever since. When he got wind of what was going on with my family, he bought the Tiburon, paid the loan off, and sent me on my way with what is my new project: A 2003 BMW 330i ZHP.

I have truly missed the Euro scene from my days with my Passat and really am loving this beautifully engineered machine. There are some things that need fixing with the Bimmer, but overall I am content with its appearance, performance, and how comfortable it is, not to mention spacious.

Here are the Pics I have so far:

Anyway, I have a lot of plans in store for this project, more so with aesthetics in the interior and some small and simple, yet tasteful mods on the exterior. So far, my plans are as follows:

2003 330i (E46) ZHP
100k Miles
Jet Black
ZHP Performance Package
Codename: Berenger
BAIR-un-jur: a bear-spea. the name was fairly common in medieval Britain but is rarely used today
Interior Color: Black Leather+Alcantara Steering Wheel

In the Near Future: Modifications

Exterior Modifcations:

BMW ACS Chrome Oil Cap
BMW Carbon Fiber B&W Hood Emblem
BMW Carbon Fiber B&W Steering Wheel Emblem
BMW Carbon Fiber B&W Trunk Emblem
BMW Carbon Fiber B&W Wheel Caps
BMW Smoked Sunroof Wind Deflector
DDM Tuning License Plate Relocation Kit
E46 Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler
E46 Carbon Fiber Roof+Sunroof
E46 Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors
E46 CF Eyelids
ESS Tuning Blind Spot Mirrors
ESS Tuning Carbon Fiber C-Pillar Trim
Seibon Carbon Fiber CSL Style Trunk Lid
Seibon Carbon Fiber OEM Style Hood
Suntek 30% All Around Window Tint

Lighting Modifications:

BavToys Crystal LED Tails
BT Canbus 8000k HIDs (Fogs)
BT Canbus 8000k HIDs (Lows)
E-92 Lighting MTEC License Plate LED
Unique Style Racing DEPO Lights
Unique Style Racing LED Clear Corners
Unique Style Racing UHP LED Angel Eyes
VHT Nightshaded Tail Lights
Winjet OEM Foglights (Replacements)

Interior Modifications:

BMW Black Carbon M/T Pedals+Footrest
BMW Genuine ZHP Shift Knob (Replacments)
BMW Umbrella Holder
Carbon Fiber Gauge Bezel
Carbon Fiber Gauge Rings
ECS Carbon Fiber Door Sills
ECS Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Trim

Audio/ICE Modifications:

BMW E46 Business CD MP3 Upgrade
DICE DUO iPhone/iPod Integration
DICE iPhone/iPod Ashtray Mount
Dynamat Insulated Interior
Focal Audio Polyglass 130 VRS Speakers
Focal Audio Polyglass 33 V2 Subwoofers
Focal Audio Amplifier
Kenwood Excelon DNX9980HD
Kenwood Excelon DNX9980HD

Performance Modifications:

AFE Cold Air Intake
ECS Urethane Motor Mounts
Nameless Performance Catback Exhaust
Nameless Performance Headers
Nameless Performance Turbo
Stoptech BBK

Suspension/Wheel Modifications:

D2 Racing RS Coilovers
JLine 2 Piece Reverse Lip SDM L2 Wheel 18x10 et22
JLine 2 Piece Step Lip SDM L2 Wheel 18x9.5 et22
Velocity Motoring Wheels V710 18x9.5 et22
Work Schwert SC4 Full Reverse Wheel 18x10 et22

(I'll post pics within the next few days after a nice wash+wax+window tint)

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
thats pretty damn nice dude...i wish i could afford the car plus the upkeep plus the modding bug

·
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!
3,424 Posts
im confused. You had to sell your tib because you couldnt afford it? (thats how it sounded and i dont know the whole story) But you got a car, cheaper i'm sure. And you are going to mod it? doesnt make money sense to me. im probably misssing something though. bimmer looks good

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
The e46s are nice cars, so congrats on the purchase / upgrade. I'd probably get some stock tails because I think the niteshaded ones look a little trashy, but other than that, congrats.

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
very nice. I love my german car!

If you need a connection for an exhaust.... I might be good friends with the owner of IND

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not bad bro! It would look sick as hell if you had black rims. How does it drive?
Thanks man! It drives great! Needs a little work, some minor things like the pusher fan needing replaced due to a bad relay, but its awesome!

thats pretty damn nice dude...i wish i could afford the car plus the upkeep plus the modding bug
Thanks! I'm really lucky that Ash and Shady came through for me, my plan honestly was to bike more and utilize the tram to and from work.

you got a steal of a deal haha, sick new car!
Thanks bro!

im confused. You had to sell your tib because you couldnt afford it? (thats how it sounded and i dont know the whole story) But you got a car, cheaper i'm sure. And you are going to mod it? doesnt make money sense to me. im probably misssing something though. bimmer looks good
A) Got rid of the Tib because the upcoming maintenance was a lot and I wanted something that did not require a car loan at all.

B) The car was, in actuality, a gift from Ash and Shady because they did not want to see me completely without a car and they have been good to my family since the get go.

C) I plan on modding it, but this is a list of plans for it down the road. Nothing really will be worked on for awhile until my mom is able to figure out what she wants to do as far as finding an alternative job or what she has in mind. I put the list together because I love to work on cars and especially have a soft spot for Bimmers since thats what my dad used to work on when he owned one when I was a little kid. Priority right now is funding my education because I am not taking a break from school at all, I've busted my *** to much this year to have that fall through and I made a promise to myself that I would finish and I'm not giving that up.

The e46s are nice cars, so congrats on the purchase / upgrade. I'd probably get some stock tails because I think the niteshaded ones look a little trashy, but other than that, congrats.
They are! I like the nightshaded lights myself, for now at least, I plan on getting some Euro style LED tails, but we will see. More than anything, I need to get a better set of headlights because the owner prior to me had no idea what he was doing with his HID wiring, although it is a good wire tuck job. Are you on Bimmer forums at all? Just joined there and at E46Fanatics.

very nice. I love my german car!

If you need a connection for an exhaust.... I might be good friends with the owner of IND
Thanks Mikey! I'll make sure and keep that in mind down the road. It was sad to see the Tib go but Ash and Shady are using it right now actively at their dealership teaching their nieces and nephews how to drive stick. Its being well taken care of and hopefully finds a good home soon.

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
They are! I like the nightshaded lights myself, for now at least, I plan on getting some Euro style LED tails, but we will see. More than anything, I need to get a better set of headlights because the owner prior to me had no idea what he was doing with his HID wiring, although it is a good wire tuck job. Are you on Bimmer forums at all? Just joined there and at E46Fanatics.
When I need something I'll actually use my accounts on e90post (bimmerpost) and bimmerfest, but since I have no interest in modding my car I don't ever post.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
When I need something I'll actually use my accounts on e90post (bimmerpost) and bimmerfest, but since I have no interest in modding my car I don't ever post.
The only post I made was an into for the PNW section to see what kinda events are going on and what not, other than that, just been searching about DIY's for fixed and such. I know one thing I need soon is a new pusher fan, it will randomly continue to stay on after shutting the car off. I'm pretty positive its the relay, but its only sold as an entire assembly (1 piece).

:EDIT:

New pics up as well. Gave it a good wash today. Looking to make the front bumper fitment a bit more sturdy, it slightly sags on the passenger side just below the headlight. Its not noticeable but its driving me mad.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that e46 is clean i was acutally thinking of getting one not to long ago.
Thanks! I love it!

I was considering an E30 at first, but the one I had found the guy was asking wayyyy to much. It was clean, well maintained, and drove well but I was not about to drop $10k on a car that old. Cannot say how thankful I am to Ash and Shady for the gift, definitely helped sort some other things out trying to figure out how to get to work and school.

·
NewTiburon.com Legend
1,871 Posts
IMO, the E46 is the best body style yet. Also, like the "all black" look and concur you need to get some black rims on there ASAP. And tint. Otherwise, thumbs up.

Congrats on a great "purchase".

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IMO, the E46 is the best body style yet. Also, like the "all black" look and concur you need to get some black rims on there ASAP. And tint. Otherwise, thumbs up.

Congrats on a great "purchase".
Thanks! I got the tint done yesterday, 25% except the front. I'm holding off for awhile on that to see how I like having a normal windshield again. Wheels+coils are in the plans but that wont be for awhile, priorities first and school isn't cheap!

sexy car bro congtrats

Thanks bro, appreciate it!

·
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!
3,424 Posts
A) Got rid of the Tib because the upcoming maintenance was a lot and I wanted something that did not require a car loan at all.

B) The car was, in actuality, a gift from Ash and Shady because they did not want to see me completely without a car and they have been good to my family since the get go.

C) I plan on modding it, but this is a list of plans for it down the road. Nothing really will be worked on for awhile until my mom is able to figure out what she wants to do as far as finding an alternative job or what she has in mind. I put the list together because I love to work on cars and especially have a soft spot for Bimmers since thats what my dad used to work on when he owned one when I was a little kid. Priority right now is funding my education because I am not taking a break from school at all, I've busted my *** to much this year to have that fall through and I made a promise to myself that I would finish and I'm not giving that up.
Alright cool man. And ya the bimmer looks good but i'll miss seeing the tib. Good luck with it

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Alright cool man. And ya the bimmer looks good but i'll miss seeing the tib. Good luck with it
Thanks dude!

Had a blast at Forum Fest this weekend, lots of sick E9x's and a few other E46's, some M's and some Non-M's.

0o0o0o looky here! I spotted a Shadow Blue!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
So nice! I love how the carbon fiber accents on the front bumper.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts