Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of gains would I be looking at from installing SSA headers, and how do they get installed?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
the gains are around 10 to 15 whp, and unless you are very mechanically inclined, then a shop should install them for you, they are not the easiest things to install ....

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Contrary to popular belief ,the headers are relatively easy to install and I recommend that you or a freind who could help do all of your own mods verses paying someone to do them for you. You'll save money and know more about your car and be able to get more performance upgrades for your Tib with the money you saved. Plus there's plenty of us online that can help you with the questions ya might have and lots of threads on DIY's that are in here

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah, headers are a must for the tibb, as with an intake. And a cat-back system so you can benefit from your headers, headers wont do much for ya until uncork the exhaust end of things, then yeah, headers are awesome. gains are around 10-12 whp. like said above, it takes anywhere around 3-5 hrs if you are able to tackle it yourself, a lift and wratchet wrenches are your friends....i did mine in 3 hrs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts