Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NT's master gardener
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooooo I've had the worst week ever and to top it off...i lose my gas cap. Need to know besides dealer where to get one if i can...if not i'll go to the dealer...if you want the story, see below...

the gas cap DOOR part of my car started fading and losing its luster about 8 months ago...took it in about 5 months ago to get repainted. no big deal. bout 3 months later it starts doing it again, this time fading to a gray color. wtf. so i go to the shop again and this time they sent me to the body shop in the back and they took it to fix. well last night i was in a hurry to get back to my house but i was jsut about out of gas...so i stopped off and filled up my tank. put the cap on my car cause it wasn't attached. drove off. didn't notice til this morning i was at the dentist and looked out at my car and i saw no gas cap. i was like.....SH!T. so i drove back to the gas station, no luck. drove all the way back to school (50 mile trip) iwth no cap on it, and put a plastic bag with a hair tie (better than a rubber band! lol) over it to protect it cause it was supposedly gonna rain today but didn't. sooooo i need a new gas cap...and suggestions as to where to get it if not at the dealer.

maybe top that off with a huge bottle of whiskey. cause its justt been that kinda week...

·
NT's master gardener
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The second link looks like it'd work. Call the dealership to "check" their prices,,,,I bet the AZ will win on the $$,,,,but it doesn't hurt to check anyway.

·
NT's master gardener
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea the dealership still has the outside door...haven't had time to go pick it up yet. i'm bout to just go to autozone to get one cause i dont have 2 days to wait for the dealer to get one...i have to drive 50 miles home 50 miles back up to school today too and its raining like hell so i dont wanna rely on the plastic walmart bag thats covering my gas thing for protection against all that. but yea. thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts