Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had this problem when I bought the car... gas gauge didn't work. It blatantly lied, hovering between empty and half-full as it pleased.
A member here suggested that I get my fuel pump assemlby replaced, it has the floating thing connected to the resistor. I had my mechanic swap in another one, and$300 later, the gas gauge still does not work. I guess the original one was fine.

My question is where to go from here. This is a 2004 GT with a 2005 se interior (that includes the 05 gauge cluster).

·
Registered
375 Posts
new cluster??
had the same prob in my old cav, tried 3 clusters to no avail, turned out to be the sending unit which is what floats in the tank, the fuel pump shouldnt have anything to do with the fuel level guage

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have the entire new assembly that drops into the tank: fuel pump, floaty thingy and sending unit. Given that I already paid to replace that and it solved nothing, I'm wondering what else can cause this

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
is it automatic or manual?..

i havea similar problem on my auto..the trip computer (showing miles left on tank) goes down a mile like every 10 seconds......

·
Registered
375 Posts
did either of you try replacing the cluster??
if the sending unit is fine that would be next in line, other than that maybe it oculd be a bcm issue

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a 6-speed GT. I'll see if my mechanic has a spare cluster we can plug in and test. Is the milage recorded on the cluster or in the BCM?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Terculees said:
This is a 6-speed GT. I'll see if my mechanic has a spare cluster we can plug in and test. Is the milage recorded on the cluster or in the BCM?
It's recorded on the cluster. Why does your car have the 05 interior and gauge cluster? Maybe the 05 cluster doesn't work right the 04 sending unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts