Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my 05 gauges with an 07 set. Can the dealer set the mileage to what I need ,so I can keep the original indicated miles from my car?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Yes the Odometer is just reading out what the ECU sends it on newer vehicles.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
yes sir i swapped in the 07 but i sold the cluster cuz it was reading the rpms wrong dince it was from a 4 banger. but yea its pnp

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
According to another thread, the mileage is stored in the cluster, not the ECU. Doesn't make any sense to me because if the original cluster fails, the mileage will be wrong. Check with the dealer to find out for sure.

And here's the other thrread:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154709

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yes they can set it. I asked a local dealership they told me it would be $700 or so "but" this is because I wanted 07' gauges. They told me they would have to ship the cluster to a location in Cali to have them set the proper mileage on the odometer. This is just want I was told. This is when I said screw it I'll keep my Alfa Otto gauges.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Nope the milage is stored in the cluster on the tiburons, so much for odometer fraud protection.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
yep i switched odometers before on my old tib when i had 80k on it for a couple of weeks i has 40k lol when i traded it in with 127k i asked what they go off of for the odemeter and they said we just look at the odometer. and i was like should have kept the other one in a got a few thousand more for the trade lol ,but theres always karma and carfax ,you could have a spare and any service you have done put in the original in and them swap it out again so the original one stay low buy but thats just wrong .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts