Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm putting a feeler out right now for an Alpine Extreme Turbo kit. This kit would include a higher capacity turbocharger flowing upwards of 17-20 psi. For fuel duties it would include a pre-tuned Unichip but instead of utilizing one supplementary injector it would use 4 additional injectors. I'm looking at using Denis' aux injector adapter. So you would use your OEM injectors with 4 290cc additional injectors. This would provide more than enough fuel for upwards of 20psi. Cost would be about 1300 USD above the Stage 1 intercooled kit. Also people who already have a Stage 1 kit could upgrade to the extreme kit. What do you all think?

Dave

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
yepper, I like the sounds of that....gives me something else to save for considering I got a steal of a deal on the Stage 1 I bought.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i'm pretty sure there will be a lot of interest. even more if you would include rods/pistons combo to that kit and more boost(for price)

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With just the head spacer 17-18psi would be the safe limit. With the addition of pistons you could safely boost at least 20psi. Throw in Rods and the sky would be the limit.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dave what turbo are you guys going to put into the kit? I personally don't need they kit but I'm curious. Hey dave did you get anymore tuning done on your car.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Can you also clarify the fueling area:
-Is the current 5th injector still going to be used?
-8 injectors in all (4 stock, 4 290cc)? 9 (with 5th injector)?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love the idea, however, I don't like the idea of 8 injectors. If it works great, and i will be buying the upgrade. I just wish there were a way to use only 4 injectors or stay with only five. Either way... I'm sure the proper R&D will be put in so whatever works best...right? Good luck though and can't wait to see what comes of this.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
how are you gonna mount the other 4 supplimentary injectors.
is there a Alpine IM that has the 4 stock locations + pre made Slots for the other 4 (290cc)??
please clairfy.
Chase

·
Registered
443 Posts
8 injectors would be the best solution (provided that there are no issues with fuel atomization). the intake manifold wasnt designed for wet flow, meaning that you're probably not getting proper fuel distribution with a 5th injector setup.

when you think about it, you're walking a very thin line trying to keep the OEM ecu from acting stupid....and trying to fool with 4 huge injectors (which would need to be controlled by the OEM ecu) would make the task excessively difficult without being able to remap the hyundai ECU.

IMO, you can build a better turbo kit than alpine's any day of the week (wont be easier or cheaper), but their ability to make effective fuel management solutions without heavily compromising reliability/drivability (IE-switching to a standalone) is why people buy their kits.

·
Registered
425 Posts
the 5th injector won't be used,since they're will be 4 extra ones
injectors adaptor is mounted between the cylinder head and intake manifold,at an angle similar tothe stock ones,no fuel distribution problem,no atomisation problem
so far,i've got cars running 18 psi without any problems (no ecu re-learning,no hesitations,no out of wack fuel trims...)

bascily once the piggy back is tuned well, it will hold as much power as the extra injectors and fuel pump can handle (depending on their CC or lbs/h rating) and still get OEM driveability

·
Registered
131 Posts
how hard woud it be to upgrade to something like this with my entry lvl kit, tuned for 15 psi, with intercooler? just need the spacer and what?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts