Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
sounds good to me. how about twin charging? I also posted on the alpine site. Will there be an issue with the diffrence in exhaust resriction? I would also assume it will run off the front bank becaue it's easier.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twin charging could be an option for a fully built engine and drivetrain. During development we'll take backpressure measurements and compare the OEM Cat and Manifold/turbo/Downpipe. The key is in sizing the turbo to mimic the charateristics of the OEM Cat. Either way its shouldn't be too hard to figure out. And yes it would be a bolt on application for the front bank because that's by far the easiest location for Tiburons as well as Sonata's and Santa Fe's.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i wanna see the stg 3 upgrade for the s/c

but the single turbo seems like a good idea. what whp are you looking at for each stage?

·
Registered
465 Posts
dmdicks said:
Twin charging could be an option for a fully built engine and drivetrain. During development we'll take backpressure measurements and compare the OEM Cat and Manifold/turbo/Downpipe. The key is in sizing the turbo to mimic the charateristics of the OEM Cat. Either way its shouldn't be too hard to figure out. And yes it would be a bolt on application for the front bank because that's by far the easiest location for Tiburons as well as Sonata's and Santa Fe's.

as far as twin charging if i went with the stage 0 5psi model and my stage 2 alpine S/C i would only be at 12 psi and i have alky injection on the way now. or i could lower my S/C to stage 1 and add the turbo. am i correct?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would be interested if it would be designed to break 230 WHP... and also Alpine needs to get connected to Hyundai in some way to offer this at dealerships and maintain the warranty of the car intact.

I am dying to buy a turbo kit or a supercharger, but the voiding of the warranty is a huge risk to take on a brand new car.

I have my car up for an oil change @ 12,500 miles and will speak to a service technician about the possibility of having the kit installed at the dealership to prevent the warranty to be voided.

All these kits would be much more accepted if we had them available at dealerships in my opinion - backed by Hyundai

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Believe me we tried to get them as factory installed options. We were fighting against BSE HARD parts for the Hyundai bid. They won and did nothing. How long have we been hearing about BSE HARD parts being factory installed options and nothing happened? Hyundai isn't quick to admit they were wrong in their choice so it could be a VERY long time before Alpine's kits are factory installed options.
With that said the low boost setup will utilize all the factory sensors and engine control module. It will be perfectly safe on a stock engine. If something does happen its up to Hyundai to prove whether or not the kit was the cause of the failure. Read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
dmdicks said:
Believe me we tried to get them as factory installed options. We were fighting against BSE HARD parts for the Hyundai bid. They won and did nothing. How long have we been hearing about BSE HARD parts being factory installed options and nothing happened? Hyundai isn't quick to admit they were wrong in their choice so it could be a VERY long time before Alpine's kits are factory installed options.
With that said the low boost setup will utilize all the factory sensors and engine control module. It will be perfectly safe on a stock engine. If something does happen its up to Hyundai to prove whether or not the kit was the cause of the failure. Read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act.
easy there. its not that BSE did nothing...Hyundai backed out. the BSE parts were dont correctly, Hyundai just didnt have the sack to take it on.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Sounds good if it looks stock. How ever pricing is an issue if its better than the NGM sniper kit for cheaper then you would get my vote.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Yup sounds good to me also, but I'm sure you realize that price will be a major issue. Of course everything with us has to do with price ........ that's why we drive Hyundais lol.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bakerking31 said:
could be interested depending on power gains vs the sc setup and how the hp/tq curve looks, ill be in the market somewhat soon for either a SC or a turbo
Exactly ! I'll watch this development closely .

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
maybe you guys can make low comp. head gaskets for us turbo guys...

*hint*

·
Registered
464 Posts
PS1 said:
I would just like it to be CARB.
never gonna happen as long as hyundai keeps putting precats on the ****ing manifolds i wish it would i would pay 2x as much for something if it was carb legal and there would be no debating at all

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would be interested for sure. Got any rough ball park price estimates for the various stages??

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Doesnt alpine take over your 10/100,000 warrenty on your drive train ANYWAY?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts